Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding The Nicholl

Are any scripts that were entered into the Nicholl competition and won available?

And if not, why not? I mean at a certain point, a fair amount of scripts haven't been produced or in a few instances they have been e.g., Arlington Road, Finding Forrester. What is the moratorium on the release of Nicholl scripts?

Is this one of those you have to know someone to find a copy of the material?

If this is taboo, my bad. My bad to want to peak behind the curtain and check out the wizard's faves.
    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Re: Regarding The Nicholl

Originally posted by Ire View Post
    Are any scripts that were entered into the Nicholl competition and won available?

And if not, why not? I mean at a certain point, a fair amount of scripts haven't been produced or in a few instances they have been e.g., Arlington Road, Finding Forrester. What is the moratorium on the release of Nicholl scripts?

Is this one of those you have to know someone to find a copy of the material?

If this is taboo, my bad. My bad to want to peak behind the curtain and check out the wizard's faves.
    Well, since all of the scripts are available to be read at the Academy's Margaret Herrick Library in Beverly Hills, it's not difficult to peak behind the curtain.

As to putting the scripts online, that's finally up to the individual writers. The scripts belong to them, or, in the case of produced scripts, to the copyright holders.

Actually, those "few instances" now total 14, with the fifteenth Nicholl script currently in production.

Comment

"Moratorium?" You can read any of them. They're all at the Margaret Herrick library. You can't remove them from the library but you can go there and read them. http://www.oscars.org/mhl/generalinfo.html

If you're asking why they're not all available on the internet, I can't speak for the other Fellows, but personally I don't like the idea of just anyone being able to download and pass my script around without my knowledge, and in many cases writers' reps are greatly opposed to the idea. Even if a script hasn't been produced, it's still a calling card for obtaining assignments, and its value can be diminshed if the writer can't control who gets to read it.

Comment

Geez, Greg is fast.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

I will make the trip.

14 in production. That's a pretty significant percentage of Nicholl fellows.

Greg is fast.
          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
          X