Scriptapalooza - screenplay contest questions, how do they operate?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scriptapalooza - screenplay contest questions, how do they operate?

Originally posted by jsay View Post
    a friend who is an executive said that Scriptapalooza sends each prodco or exec 50 entry scripts, and says, read as far as you want, let us know the best ones... They told him, there's no pay, but you get first crack at finding a gem... exec was not so enthusiastic...
    I've also heard this same thing from an exec, jsay. Their entries do go to people in the industry -- those suckers who'll take these big piles of scripts that haven't been vetted at all. She did it once, but never again.

From what I understand, Scriptapalooza doesn't pay any judges. ($40 x 4300 = Hmmm!) Mark just gets all these people to take scripts to read for him for free, so who knows if they ever actually read them at all? The person I know, who must remain nameless for obvious reasons, couldn't get through half of her stack.

You may want your script to get into the hands of execs, Ben -- heck, we all do! -- but least when the judges are hired and paid to do a job, like the Nicholl judges, they're accountable. And then by the time the finalists get to the real execs, they're only getting the cream of the crop so they'll be much more likely to read them all the way through.

Comment

I was going to enter this contest this year, but now I think I'm going to pass. By the sounds of it there is no guarantee your script will even be read.
      826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

wow, no way am I going to be entering this one. Spend $40 to have your script foisted on a exec who'll probably just throw it in the trash? I can just mail it around myself, and get it tossed in the trash for free!

Comment

Working...
        X