Most Embarassing Moment in Screenplay Marketing by emails...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Embarassing Moment in Screenplay Marketing by emails...

You ever had the 'OH-NO SECOND" during an e-mailing session -- you know, while networking, ranting, gossiping and criticizing shamelessly to friends, producers and writers -- via emails?

Definition of the "OH-NO SECOND" -- A split second fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made one of the BIGGEST mistake (e.g. you've hit "reply all").

How did you solve such a nightmare -- did you apologize or panic or just forget about it or had sleepless nights?

Please share your 'OH NO SECOND"...
    Last edited by Ben; 12-09-2008, 02:35 PM.
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: Most Embarassing Moment in Screenplay Marketing by emails...

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    You ever had the 'OH-NO SECOND" during an e-mailing session -- you know, while networking, ranting, gossiping and criticizing shamelessly to friends, producers and writers -- via emails?

Definition of the "OH-NO SECOND" -- A split second fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made one of the BIGGEST mistake (e.g. you've hit "reply all").

How did you solve such a nightmare -- did you apologize or panic or just forget about it or had sleepless nights?

Please share your 'OH NO SECOND"...
    Not quite, but I've had something similar.

I was tracking down the rights holder to a story, and put a 'Letter to the Editor' in a newspaper in Malta, for people who had knew the person's family to contact me.

The only problem was that I put the wrong address in the letter. Yep - I got my own address wrong.

The upside is that it worked anyway ...I later exchanged emails with the sports club the guy was a member of and they remembered the letter and sent me some details directly.

But that moment when I was reading my letter in the online edition .. only to discover that I'd gotten my own address wrong was pretty much an 'Oh Crap' moment.

Mac
    (PS: OK Ben ... fess up. What did you do?)
    New blogposts:
    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Working...
    X