• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShariMacD
    replied
    Re: Nicholl 2009

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
    50% of the people who go to vegas thinking they might come out a winner use these kinds of stats. vegas loves this kind of math.
    So true. I hope you know I was kidding!

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

If we take that science teacher's approach, heck, each of us has a 50% chance. Not bad odds..
    50% of the people who go to vegas thinking they might come out a winner use these kinds of stats. vegas loves this kind of math.

Leave a comment:

• Why One
    replied

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
    great number? i prefer there were only three scripts entered and guess from who they are
    Haha I guess what I really meant was, it's a great number for Greg. I forgot about the 3 script limit. I guess that makes me even more surprised at the high number of entries.

As someone has mentioned, the online submission system has probably helped push those numbers. Glad Nicholl has finally got one set up. Hard-copy contest submission was sooo 2006.

Leave a comment:

• 12916studios
    replied

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    And of course I read mine multiple times, tweaked a couple of things, removed an "and" or two, and, 'cause I was bored and the pressure was off since I uploaded it, read some of it last night.

And found a glaring mistake. (Plus a typo, but it's the mistake that's killing me.)

Oh, well. There's always next year.
    Yeah, I am afraid to reread my script for just that reason. I'm going to do it anyway, though. Argh.

Leave a comment:

• jsay
    replied

will be interesting to see the total numbers this year with that relatively easy uploading process...

Leave a comment:

• lordmanji
    replied

Originally posted by Why One View Post
    Great number this year! I thought it'd be lower with people tightening their belts, being a recession an' all.
    great number? i prefer there were only three scripts entered and guess from who they are

Leave a comment:

• ShariMacD
    replied

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
    maybe more people play the lottery during a recession an' all. you have a 1/6000th shot.
    There was a very funny episode of The Daily Show last week in which "correspondent" John Oliver interviewed a high school science teacher who believes a physicist's experiments that involve recreating (in some way) the conditions of the Big Bang will result in creating a black hole that will swallow up the earth. The high school science teacher said, there's a 50/50 chance of it happening...because either it will happen, or it won't.

John Oliver said, "I don't think that's how probability works..."

If we take that science teacher's approach, heck, each of us has a 50% chance. Not bad odds...

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

Great number this year! I thought it'd be lower with people tightening their belts, being a recession an' all.
    maybe more people play the lottery during a recession an' all. you have a 1/6000th shot.

Leave a comment:

• redwriter
    replied

I entered three scripts pretty close to the deadline. Good luck DDers!!

Are they going to announce the QFs soon? It seems like it's been forever...

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

And of course I read mine multiple times, tweaked a couple of things, removed an "and" or two, and, 'cause I was bored and the pressure was off since I uploaded it, read some of it last night.

And found a glaring mistake. (Plus a typo, but it's the mistake that's killing me.)

Oh, well. There's always next year.

Leave a comment:

• Why One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lucidimage
    replied

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
    Where you guys gettin this info?
    Scroll up. Greg just said so.

Leave a comment:

• beerbeastredux
    replied

You didn't answer my question
    Last edited by beerbeastredux; 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kahunadude
    replied

Have another beer Beer...

Leave a comment:

• beerbeastredux
    replied

Where you guys gettin this info?

Leave a comment:

Working...