Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2009

And to you, too, Leech! Here's to all of us who are in the game!

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
      i vaguely recall slamdance having something like that?
      Yeah, but the Slamdance one has a bunch of other stuff on it for internal use too- like what various upgrades you had, internal tracking, etc.- was a pain.

It's really not that frickin hard (especially with FD) to open your draft, change the cover page, and 'Save As'...

C'mon, really, are people that obtuse that they can write a screenplay yet not follow the simplest directions? Yeesh, even actors can do that!
      Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
        Yeah, but the Slamdance one has a bunch of other stuff on it for internal use too- like what various upgrades you had, internal tracking, etc.- was a pain.

It's really not that frickin hard (especially with FD) to open your draft, change the cover page, and 'Save As'...

C'mon, really, are people that obtuse that they can write a screenplay yet not follow the simplest directions? Yeesh, even actors can do that!
        Yes. People are that "obtuse."

And there are versions of FD that don't allow what you are saying. Not everyone is using the same software.

The idea here is that with large populations there will be varying levels of adherence and skills. The idea is to make it "difficult" to not get it right. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Comment

okay you guys i am willing to make a pool for this. whoever wants in, just say "im in" and you'll be entered. from these pool of entrants, who ever wins will agree to share their future earnings and oscars to the rest of us for life or until we get a real job

Comment

Just glanced through this thread and have to say GREG BEAL has the patience of Job. Very cool you canvas these boards and put in the time you do, dude.
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Things not to do when submitting to Nicholl: Move a character's introduction from the first act to the second act... Submit... and then realize you forgot to delete the original scene...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkeyofSpec View Post
                Things not to do when submitting to Nicholl: Move a character's introduction from the first act to the second act... Submit... and then realize you forgot to delete the original scene...
                Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Wow Monkey....that sounds like a nightmare I had recently! Lol! And Joe, ditto on the kudos for Greg. It's great that he is so accessible to us! Lastly, lordmanji, I'm still chuckling over your post. Tee hee!

HL
                  HL

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                    My recommendation: enter near April 25-27. If you do so, you will be among the first 50% of all entries. Your script probably won't be among the first scripts read by any reader, but it will be read early enough that burn-out and familiarity with premises and genres probably won't be a factor.
                    Anybody else waiting for the 25th to enter or has everyone submitted already? I have three screenplays ready to go, I'm just waiting for the time frame Greg suggested.

Comment

I am entering on the 27th, as I still have some work to do.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Hey Greg. Out of curiosity, can you share any stats or impressions about how resubmitted scripts have performed compared to their previous submissions? Just wondering if the same script submitted in multiple years tends to end up with the same placement, or if there really is a chance it could place either better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkaccino View Post
                          Hey Greg. Out of curiosity, can you share any stats or impressions about how resubmitted scripts have performed compared to their previous submissions? Just wondering if the same script submitted in multiple years tends to end up with the same placement, or if there really is a chance it could place either better or worse.
                          You will be surprised at the number of answers found on the FAQ page, including yours:

http://www.oscars.org/awards/nicholl/faqs.html
                          http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lucidimage View Post
                            You will be surprised at the number of answers found on the FAQ page, including yours:

http://www.oscars.org/awards/nicholl/faqs.html
                            Right you are. Shame on me for not reading the FAQ all the way to the end. Thanks for showing me the light.

Comment

briking -

I didn't finish with the polishes on my script until this past weekend. I was going to wait until the 25th, but when Greg said they have received 1600 entries, I figured I might as well submit.
                              Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Sixteen hundred already, huh?. I'm waiting til at least Sunday night though. I can't live with knowing that I could have done this or that.
                                "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                                - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Working...
                                X