• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2009

Have another beer Beer...

Comment

You didn't answer my question
      Last edited by beerbeastredux; 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
        Where you guys gettin this info?
        Scroll up. Greg just said so.
        http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Great number this year! I thought it'd be lower with people tightening their belts, being a recession an' all.

Comment

And of course I read mine multiple times, tweaked a couple of things, removed an "and" or two, and, 'cause I was bored and the pressure was off since I uploaded it, read some of it last night.

And found a glaring mistake. (Plus a typo, but it's the mistake that's killing me.)

Oh, well. There's always next year.

Comment

I entered three scripts pretty close to the deadline. Good luck DDers!!

Are they going to announce the QFs soon? It seems like it's been forever...

Comment

Great number this year! I thought it'd be lower with people tightening their belts, being a recession an' all.
                maybe more people play the lottery during a recession an' all. you have a 1/6000th shot.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                  maybe more people play the lottery during a recession an' all. you have a 1/6000th shot.
                  There was a very funny episode of The Daily Show last week in which "correspondent" John Oliver interviewed a high school science teacher who believes a physicist's experiments that involve recreating (in some way) the conditions of the Big Bang will result in creating a black hole that will swallow up the earth. The high school science teacher said, there's a 50/50 chance of it happening...because either it will happen, or it won't.

John Oliver said, "I don't think that's how probability works..."

If we take that science teacher's approach, heck, each of us has a 50% chance. Not bad odds...

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                    great number? i prefer there were only three scripts entered and guess from who they are

Comment

will be interesting to see the total numbers this year with that relatively easy uploading process...

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                        And of course I read mine multiple times, tweaked a couple of things, removed an "and" or two, and, 'cause I was bored and the pressure was off since I uploaded it, read some of it last night.

And found a glaring mistake. (Plus a typo, but it's the mistake that's killing me.)

Oh, well. There's always next year.
                        Yeah, I am afraid to reread my script for just that reason. I'm going to do it anyway, though. Argh.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                          great number? i prefer there were only three scripts entered and guess from who they are
                          Haha I guess what I really meant was, it's a great number for Greg. I forgot about the 3 script limit. I guess that makes me even more surprised at the high number of entries.

As someone has mentioned, the online submission system has probably helped push those numbers. Glad Nicholl has finally got one set up. Hard-copy contest submission was sooo 2006.

Comment

If we take that science teacher's approach, heck, each of us has a 50% chance. Not bad odds..
                            50% of the people who go to vegas thinking they might come out a winner use these kinds of stats. vegas loves this kind of math.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                              50% of the people who go to vegas thinking they might come out a winner use these kinds of stats. vegas loves this kind of math.
                              So true. I hope you know I was kidding!

Comment

if i thought you were serious would you think less of yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X