Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2009

Don't worry, 6000 of them could have saved the $30 and the readers' time. Just don't be one of the 6000.

Comment

Hey Greg,

I got an email from the Nic's with the subject header "Nicholl Entry Confirmation‏" and when I open it - it's a blank email.

It was sent to a hotmail account.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
        I got an email from the Nic's with the subject header "Nicholl Entry Confirmation‏" and when I open it - it's a blank email.

It was sent to a hotmail account.
        We managed to send letters to most entrants with online accounts for their first and second entry scripts yesterday. Unfortunately, some number turned up blank. More blanks seem to have been received in hotmail accounts than anywhere else.

It may have to do with how we sent the e-mail (through Sparklist). It may have to do with settings on individual accounts (html on or off).

Since all of you with accounts have already checked, you already should know that your scripts were received. This latest e-mail is more of a courtesy (and it was promised) than a necessity.

We also saw this e-mailing as a test for what might happen around August 1 if we switched to e-mails from letters. (We won't do both.) Still a number of kinks to be worked out.

We'll probably do some resends today. And I believe we still have to send e-mails to everyone with a third script. And to everyone without a Nicholl online account (i.e., without a password, as every entrant actually has an account).

EDIT: This tip was posted at Zoetrope: "If you hit your "reply" button, you'll see the original message!"
        Last edited by gregbeal; 06-03-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Hi. I'm fairly new to the Done Deal boards. (I've lurked for a few weeks.) I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the information posted here, by Greg and everyone else. Also, the e-mail reply worked well for me. Got mine yesterday. Since I don't live in the U.S., regular mail can take anywhere from four days to a couple of weeks, so I love the trend toward electronic submissions and responses.

Comment

As always, thanks so much, Greg. You not only coordinate the most respected screenplay competition in the biz (and with probably the most entries) but yet you always find the time to keep everybody in the loop. Not to mention you are professional and gracious. I'm standing up from my computer chair and applauding you!

Just want to verify that I have three scripts entered online and received my 1st and 2nd entry verification email yesterday so the system is working!

Thank you again!

Comment

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the heads-up. When I got the confirm letter hotmail listed it as UN-SAFE, which is then chaged to SAFE.

I did try the trick of REPLY and still it was empty.

Anyways, just thought I'd check this info in as no doubt youll be interested to hear it.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                Hey Greg,

Thanks for the heads-up. When I got the confirm letter hotmail listed it as UN-SAFE, which is then chaged to SAFE.

I did try the trick of REPLY and still it was empty.

Anyways, just thought I'd check this info in as no doubt youll be interested to hear it.

EJ
                We're resending the e-mail in plain text to everyone. We think hotmail and a few others had trouble with the original being in html.

We think entry #3s will be out this afternoon and probably the no password folks as well.

Comment

I have not gotten the email and I only entered one screenplay. I registered online when I entered. Now I'm a bit worried because I was reading in another thread about all the other people with their entry numbers.

On the website it lists my screenplay as "Confirmed" so hopefully all is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en082 View Post
                    I have not gotten the email and I only entered one screenplay. I registered online when I entered. Now I'm a bit worried because I was reading in another thread about all the other people with their entry numbers.

On the website it lists my screenplay as "Confirmed" so hopefully all is okay.
                    Confirmed = just fine.

You might check your spam catcher for the e-mail.

Comment

Greg, I got my email last night, but for some reason it cut off the first digit of my zip code. Like, for example, say my zip code was 01234...it cut off the 0. When I go to my account the site, all my info is fine. I entered my zip code correctly.

Is there a reason why the system got it wrong in the email but not on the site? I want to make sure that my full zip code is in the system in case you snailmail me something.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                        Confirmed = just fine.

You might check your spam catcher for the e-mail.
                        I actually have no spam filters set up. In fact, spam gets through just fine. I have also gotten regular emails from places I am registered at. But I am having issues with a Sears order I placed. And this is email related, as well.

Comcast sent out an email last month stating to switch the port number of the mail server. I have no doubt this is their fault... As usual! Probably will get all spam instead of real mail soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                          Greg, I got my email last night, but for some reason it cut off the first digit of my zip code. Like, for example, say my zip code was 01234...it cut off the 0. When I go to my account the site, all my info is fine. I entered my zip code correctly.

Is there a reason why the system got it wrong in the email but not on the site? I want to make sure that my full zip code is in the system in case you snailmail me something.
                          What about the e-mail today?

Front end zeros were dropped from zips and phone numbers during the transfer from the data base to bulk e-mailer. We tried to fix it prior to today's resend.

S-mail will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                            What about the e-mail today?

Front end zeros were dropped from zips and phone numbers during the transfer from the data base to bulk e-mailer. We tried to fix it prior to today's resend.

S-mail will be fine.
                            Yeah I haven't gotten it either and I registered waaay back with my script. Nothing in spam. I'm not worried about it, I know I'm in, I am just mentioning it so that you know not all the e-mails are showing yet. Keep up the good work Greg!
                            http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey Greg,

Got the resend yesterday no problem. It was to a hotmail addy and all the text was included.

Thanks,

EJ

Comment

Working...
                              X