• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheKeenGuy
    replied
    Re: Nicholl 2009

Originally posted by trapped in france View Post
    How's it going, Greg?
    My guess would be that this is probably the most busy time for Greg to make sure that everything's running smoothly, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little less responsive at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Rathmon
    replied

Originally posted by joe78 View Post
    It's official, my screenplay is in competition...

I suspect I was one of the very last to submit.

Anyone catch word of what the final application # is?....
    I got an email confirmation a couple days ago that stated "just over 6,374".

That's about 320 expected to make the QF based on the 5% expectation.

Good luck everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Furious Anjel
    replied

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
    Mucho dinero could be saved by e-mailing the results...Everyone knows at the same time, if you don't have e-mail you wait a week for the results by snail mail. Common sense to me.
    What he/she said.

Leave a comment:

• kahunadude
    replied

Mucho dinero could be saved by e-mailing the results...Everyone knows at the same time, if you don't have e-mail you wait a week for the results by snail mail. Common sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• NextGreatWriter
    replied
    Re: Nicholl 2009 --Emailing Results

Hi Greg,

I have a small suggestion. Some of the Nicholl applicants including me could not have a permanent address due to changing job environment. How about sending the result decisions by email (along with traditional letter) for those who has a Nicholl account.
    This way we can know the decision even when:
    • The mail gets lost in the delivery process
    • The person moved from his last address, but hasn't set a forwarding address.
    • The person opened a Nicholl account but doesnt check often or update his recent address.
    Ofcourse there will be problems of maintenance and additional work for the Nicholl team but this really helps the applicants.

Leave a comment:

• trapped in france
    replied

How's it going, Greg?

Leave a comment:

• RileysGhost
    replied

I too want to wish everyone the best in this year's fellowship run. I've come to terms with my own software snafu (the Acrobat Gods saw fit to sabotage my otherwise impeccable formatting).

I consoled myself with the fact that, at the very least, the first 10 pages were gaff-free. If they aren't hooked by then on my amazing story - I'm dead in the water anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jay76
    replied

Good luck to all the DDers in this year's Nicholl Fellowship!

Leave a comment:

• ruby-throated phil
    replied

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
    hmm that's odd. how did that happen? some sort of auto correct?
    I have no idea. I'm fairly sure it was user error. It just feels better to remember it as: Final Draft just decided that it was going to be a douche bag and ruin my chances at a Nicholl fellowship. Out of jealousy. Hate and jealousy.

Software. Why does it have to hate so much.

Leave a comment:

• lordmanji
    replied

Originally posted by ruby-throated phil View Post
    I hear you about the typos, Harb.

I realized that Final Draft took out the "HE" out of the word "Head" everytime I used the word in the first 11 pages. I'm actually amazed how many times I used the damn word.

Sh!t.
    hmm that's odd. how did that happen? some sort of auto correct?

Leave a comment:

• ruby-throated phil
    replied

I hear you about the typos, Harb.

I realized that Final Draft took out the "HE" out of the word "Head" everytime I used the word in the first 11 pages. I'm actually amazed how many times I used the damn word.

Sh!t.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger
    replied

when's the announcement? i feel like it should already be here
    If Greg had thought that was a genuine question aimed at him, I fear the answer would have been never since he may well have burst a vital blood vessel.

Oh and October is the final announcement. But since Nicholl is one of those contests where it's equally about the early placing, late July will be the first announcement of QFinalists.

And even that feels like a lifetime away. Fortunately (which is an odd word in the circumstances. but fortunately in that I'm not clinging to false hope and pulling me hair out in the wait) I realized I sent the wrong file and though the story remains the same, there are a number of typos (including a family wading through an arid strawberry trifle landscape.....yup the dreaded DESSERT slugline).

Hopefully I'll still get through on merit of story but MANNNNN those typos hurt. Especially since I corrected them in the extra day afforded us.

Oh and I too have the CONFIRMED next to my script now. Happy day.

Now if only the family could make make it through the relentless scorching heat of the sweet spongey base and custard topping.
    Last edited by Harbinger; 05-22-2009, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KenRichards
    Guest replied

Late October I believe.

Leave a comment:

• lordmanji
    replied

Originally posted by KenRichards View Post
    Yes, it does make you feel pretty good. And given that last year about half of those who made it to the quarters were "repeat" offenders, anyone making it to that level has most likely earned it (as opposed to lady luck shining on a blind squirrel).

I wish everyone the best of luck. Can't wait until they announce.

Leave a comment:

• KenRichards
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Erehwon View Post
    Man, that's huge. Can you believe, making it to the semi-finals? That would put you in like the top 120, or so, I think. That alone should make you feel pretty f'n good.
    Yes, it does make you feel pretty good. And given that last year about half of those who made it to the quarters were "repeat" offenders, anyone making it to that level has most likely earned it (as opposed to lady luck shining on a blind squirrel).

I wish everyone the best of luck. Can't wait until they announce.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X