X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Weems
    replied
    Re: Nicholl 2009

You can right-click on the .pdf, and then click on Properties. The PDF tab will show the author. If you've got a full version of Acrobat, you can edit the properties. If you've just got the Reader (the free version), you can't; need to use 3rd party software. I'm sure there's free stuff out there...

I use Movie Magic Screenwriter (yes, I'm a PC) so I'm not sure how Final Draft or any other screenwriting software does it, but when I export to .pdf there's not much I can do after I've made it a .pdf. There's got to be a way to get rid of the metadata before exporting, I just haven't messed around with it yet. I will do so before entering next year, though.

Thankful that the Nicholl is lenient and forgiving,
    HH

Leave a comment:

• ShariMacD
    replied

Please forgive my ignorance, but how can one disable document properties (or take one's name out of them), and how can you tell if yours are readable? (I believe I'm outing myself as someone who left my name as viewable in doc properties.)

Shari

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

I would've thought that scripts with names in the properties would've been higher than 50%. I guess it depends on how the screenplay writing app was installed, or whether it automatically includes user names from the opsys when installing.

I'm with Harbinger: I didn't even think about the properties box, though I guess it's kind of obvious now that it's been pointed out. And, other than a 3rd party download, those of us with Reader can't change it anyway.

I'll have to remember this for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger
    replied

Whoops. Okay I'm assuming it's in the Doc props then, cause I followed the whole cover page rules to the letter

Never even thought the name could feature anywhere other than the title page. I didn't put it in the document title either. If it's there I knew nothing about it. I'm pleading the fifth.

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

see now harbinger, if you could only follow directions...

Leave a comment:

• gregbeal
    replied

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
    When logging into my online account on your website, I'm still greeted by-

Paid - Script Uploaded Not Processed

Next to my entry. Now I remember, somewhere back through this quagmire of a thread, you mentioned it may take a while to update fully, so I left it two weeks.

Now 16 days later there's no futher update. I'm sure it's just still a case of things being processed and going through the appropriate channels.
    Paid - Script Uploaded = fine.

Yep, still being processed. About 800 left to go, mostly PDF entries but some paper scripts as well.

We were slowed initially by names left on scripts - about a third of all entries. Takes longer to correct the PDFs than simply to remove the offending page from a hard copy.

And then we realized that readers could see names left in document properties on the PDFs. So we are removing those as well. Scripts with names in doc properties are above 50%.

I think that nearly every PDF remaining to be processed has a name on the script or in doc props or both.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger
    replied

Originally posted by ruby-throated phil View Post
    I've been checking every other day or so.

Today was the first day it read "confirmed."

I'm sure they're working down the line. I got mine in on the last day about 5 hours before the close.

I'm sure you'll get a confirmation shortly, Bro.
    Thanx, Phil. Still no change, but I'm sure it's getting there.

Leave a comment:

• ruby-throated phil
    replied

I've been checking every other day or so.

Today was the first day it read "confirmed."

I'm sure they're working down the line. I got mine in on the last day about 5 hours before the close.

I'm sure you'll get a confirmation shortly, Bro.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger
    replied

Hey there Greg,

Left this enquiry a while since you've been bombarded with questions over the course of this thread, but just need something clarified.

When logging into my online account on your website, I'm still greeted by-

Paid - Script Uploaded Not Processed

Next to my entry. Now I remember, somewhere back through this quagmire of a thread, you mentioned it may take a while to update fully, so I left it two weeks.

Now 16 days later there's no futher update. I'm sure it's just still a case of things being processed and going through the appropriate channels.

But I figure better to be safe than sorry. Before, god forbid something has gone awry and we're past the judging point of no return.

I understand it's been a busy time this year so I understand if the answer is simply 'We're working on it'..... or perhaps 'Wurrrr worphimin omph it' having been buried alive by an avalanche of scripts.

Leave a comment:

• Sinnycal
    replied

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
    Here's what each judge should get before reading a script either pdf or paper.....A bottle of judges choice: Rum, Tekilla, Vodka, Scotch, Wine, Everclear, Moonshine, or Boon's farm.
    Beware, though, that picking Boone's Farm is grounds for immediate disqualification from the pool of readers. Greg's a crafty scamp, I'll give him that.

Leave a comment:

• Furious Anjel
    replied

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    Greg,
    What about the blind readers? Are the scripts going to be converted to hard copy Braille? Or will Nicholl readers get another reader to read the screenplay to the first reader?

I'm old school and would prefer the blind being read to, but if you must use Braille...I guess that's ok. I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

Greg,
    What about the blind readers? Are the scripts going to be converted to hard copy Braille? Or will Nicholl readers get another reader to read the screenplay to the first reader?

I'm old school and would prefer the blind being read to, but if you must use Braille...I guess that's ok. I guess.

Leave a comment:

• kahunadude
    replied

Here's what each judge should get before reading a script either pdf or paper.....A bottle of judges choice: Rum, Tekilla, Vodka, Scotch, Wine, Everclear, Moonshine, or Boon's farm.

Leave a comment:

• KenRichards
    Guest replied

Originally posted by mcamp View Post
    it never ceases to amaze me how some of these post can go from informative and fun to just plain idiotic in such a short peiod of time.

For my part, I would rather read electronic copy. Things change, and we can either change with them or be buried by them.
    No need to be amazed. It's not amazing at all. Everything in the entire universe can be described with a bell curve. Two percent pure genius. Two percent pure idiocy. Ten percent helpful. Ten percent not helpful. The rest, just kind of average in one degree or another. Give or take a few percentage points in all cases.

Just write a good screenplay and you'll be okay and won't have to worry about the whole PDF versus paper thing.

Leave a comment:

• aaron_c
    replied

I'd prefer they just read the dialogue. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X