X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowrite week #2

Anyone read it?

https://www.cowritescript.com/page.php?pn=the_story

I can't say I'm too impressed with the second ten pages. Not the direction I would have taken this story at all (but I can't complain because I didn't submit anything this time around).

Some might think having the masked spy be Walters' ex-wife is clever, but I think it's stupid. As David St. Hubbins said, "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

IMHO, the story needs more humor. A movie like True Lies combined action and humor...and though I haven't seen that in 15 years, I remember quite liking it at the time.

MT
    If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Re: cowrite week #2

The direction they've taken it is just disappointing.

It might've been sort of fun to write ten pages in the middle of an adventurous comedy with some light action, but who wants to write pages 50 through 60 of a Michael Bay movie?

Comment

I had Walters himself as the Masked Spy
      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

The winners from the first week suggested that the masked spy was Jonas's long-lost father.

Comment

For all those interested, take a gander at this website. It's a forum for those who wish to post their entries. Worth a read. Especially as my one and only entry is there....ahem.

http://www.youforum.cc/cowrite/index.php

It's still in it's infancy so drop by, register and most importantly comment/critique.

And good luck to those who enter from here on in. I'm not sure I will be. The whole direction of the narrative seems a little diffused to me.

Comment

I predict that by the fifth week the script will have been reduced to frigging nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjimgrande View Post
              I predict that by the fifth week the script will have been reduced to frigging nonsense.
              I predict that it won't take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
                The winners from the first week suggested that the masked spy was Jonas's long-lost father.
                When I read that suggestion, I immediately thought of Star Wars. Maybe, too much of a ripoff?

Comment

I must say, I also was pretty disappointed with this week's pages. Not only is the vibe not in keeping with the first ten pages, but now they're thrown MR. AND MRS. SMITH into the soup. Yeesh.
                  http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I hope that when the stupid thing is finished - they post the coverage it gets at Benderspink - or better yet, at whatever agencies they submit it to. But they won't...

If these people had even half a brain, they would have called for 15 page submissions and said we'll use a sequencing structure to put this script together, giving them 8 winners and a 1% chance at some kind of cohesion.

But things like voice, structure, and theme just aren't factors, so I will revel in watching them fail.

Comment

week 3 was just posted. eh. I liked how it started it out, but felt the last 5 pages weren't that great. It's still a mystery to me what the contest judges are looking for every week.
                      If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Are we even following this thing anymore?
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                          Are we even following this thing anymore?

Comment

I think I am going to do one last gasp attempt and maybe I'll be lucky enough to get the bonus bucks for the rewrite deal... I feel lucky for 09
                            "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

You're a brave soul, Quill.

Comment

Working...
                              X