X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BlueCat Question

Originally posted by LMPurves View Post
    You don't need to sell a script to be a professional writer.

You only need to get paid to write.
    Did I steal your lunch in a past life? Seriously. You seem to have signalled me out for some reason.

There have been many people offering notes on the announcement page over the years, the majority of which are not working writers.

Some are studio readers, others have other credentials, like having worked at studios in the past.

(As per my memory I have yet to see a working screenwriter offer script notes services here.)

Yet I don't see you posting your objections in their threads. What's up with that? Did I offend you in some way?

Edited to add: I just reread your last post. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of "paid to write."
    Do you mean paid to write screenplays? Or paid to write in another industry or medium?
    Last edited by sc111; 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM.
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
      Did I steal your lunch in a past life? Seriously. You seem to have signalled me out for some reason.

There have been many people offering notes on the announcement page over the years, the majority of which are not working writers.

Some are studio readers, others have other credentials, like having worked at studios in the past.

(As per my memory I have yet to see a working screenwriter offer script notes services here.)

Yet I don't see you posting your objections in their threads. What's up with that? Did I offend you in some way?

Edited to add: I just reread your last post. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of "paid to write."
      Do you mean paid to write screenplays? Or paid to write in another industry or medium?
      Never read "their" threads, so I can not comment. But if I did, I probably would have posted the same as I've posted with you.

YOU put yourself out there by creating a thread offering script services and I merely responded with my thoughts.

I questioned your professional ability to give said notes based on your experience.

And, to be frank, I don't believe you are qualified.

However, it was never personal, sc111, and if that is the way you perceive it, I can't help that.

Good luck.
      il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Holy sh!t, an unexploited niche!

10k for read + detailed notes + a lecture how it's a bad idea to pay for notes. First come, first serve.

Comment

Never read "their" threads, so I can not comment. But if I did, I probably would have posted the same as I've posted with you.

YOU put yourself out there by creating a thread offering script services and I merely responded with my thoughts.

I questioned your professional ability to give said notes based on your experience.

And, to be frank, I don't believe you are qualified.

However, it was never personal, sc111, and if that is the way you perceive it, I can't help that.

Good luck.
          Yes, I put myself out there and you commented in that older thread.

Why continue repeating yourself on the subject of my qualifications, here in this thread on another topic?

Was it a tuna fish sandwich?
          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Yes, I put myself out there and you commented in that older thread.

Why continue repeating yourself on the subject of my qualifications, here in this thread on another topic?

Was it a tuna fish sandwich?
            The other thread *mysteriously* became locked, as soon as there were a couple of posts questioning your ability, or I would have continued my thoughts there.

And incidentally, I don't eat fish from a can, or tuna fish sandwiches for that matter. But I digress...

Since YOU brought up the subject of your qualifications in this post, I shall comment again.

Why are you so defensive?

You have to know that putting yourself out there would create some flack, and you should have been prepared for it.

Instead of becoming defensive, you could have took the professional approach and responded to my comments as to the reasons you feel qualified to give script notes, or you could have even ignored me, for that matter.

I posted my thoughts.

You got defensive.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

And, I invite your response to this post, as I am more than happy to give you the last word, but I won't be "playing" this game anymore.

Like I said before...

Good luck.
            il faut d'abord durer

Comment

The other thread *mysteriously* became locked, as soon as there were a couple of posts questioning your ability, or I would have continued my thoughts there.
              Email the mods -- they locked it, not at my request.
              They can clear up the mystery. Oh, by the way -- I read your blog. I accept your apology.

Comment

Email the mods -- they locked it, not at my request.
                They can clear up the mystery. Oh, by the way -- I read your blog. I accept your apology.
                I was actually going to let you have the last word, but...

That post actually made me laugh.

Touche.
                il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                  Holy sh!t, an unexploited niche!

10k for read + detailed notes + a lecture how it's a bad idea to pay for notes. First come, first serve.
                  Rather pricey there Mr. Lowell. Wonder if some rich person calls your bluff. If they do, please let us know.

Comment

Group hug everybody! Group hug! Everybody in!

Except for those mean nasty scum-bag moderators who lock all these threads that go off topic. I hope they choke on Jeff's $10k script notes and die.

Comment

Working...
                    X