X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Frenzy

From the NanoWriMo folks.

http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

Is anybody planning to do Script Frenzy this year? It starts April 1st.

I'm leaning towards doing it because I would have all of March to complete the polish draft of my Nicholl entry and the outline of my next project. Plus, four weeks is what I always shoot for with a first draft.

Re: Script Frenzy

I am planning on giving it a shot. I didn't do it last year because of a new baby (well, I tried, but I only had 14 pages by the end of the month. I wasn't getting a lot of sleep at that point).

A year before that I wrote a really terrible script called "GeoCache" about a Bond-style super-villain that takes down the GPS system, and so the FBI and all of the armed forces are helpless and can't find anything, so they need the help of a hippy "geocacher", a world-champion at orienteering (finding things with only map and compass). You see, the armed forces have gotten so high tech nobody knows how to do that anymore. Farfetched? yep. Sound pretty awful? Yep. And the result was way worse than it sounds, towards the end it devolved into almost self-parody in order to finish on time.

Anyways, this year I'm going to try and take it a little bit more seriously, but still not too seriously. I've got a pretty fun idea.

Comment

Question - Can't people use an old script, and just upload that as the month goes on? How will anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by DBense18 View Post
        Question - Can't people use an old script, and just upload that as the month goes on? How will anyone know?
        Of course. But it's just for fun, so what would be the point of cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          Of course. But it's just for fun, so what would be the point of cheating?

I had no intentions on cheating, and not taking part in Script Frenzy either. I was hoping there would be a "Monthly" screenplay contest with a preset synopsis or story to write off of. I think that would be more fun.

Comment

Well, I'm an hour and a half away from opening my outline in my software and typing Fade In. I've had a new idea I've been trying to start since January and having a nice set of external deadlines has really helped me focus.

Good luck to joeld24 and anyone else joining the Frezny this year.

"K"

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I'm the local ML for my region... it's purely for "fun" as any of you could crank out 100 first draft pages in half the time (I'm around 30+ pages in 2 days).

For me, writing outside of my traditional genre in an event like this is why I participate.

Comment

Working...
                X