Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FADE IN MAGAZINE AWARDS and the WRITERS NETWORK

Interesting article on Audrey Kelly and FADE IN at http://www.thewrap.com/article/1812

Re: FADE IN MAGAZINE AWARDS and the WRITERS NETWORK

yeap. kinda figured that about the contest but seeing it in writing really is a wakeup call. i imagine most of the contests out there do nothing at all other than STEAL your money. here's some off the top of my head -- american screenwriting competition, writemovies, probabably even some of the more reputable ones. what has american zoetrope and screenwriting expo etc ever done for its winners?

Comment

I was just about to post this...

I made the Semi Finals and I still HATE THEM... they never sent coverage.

If you go to Done Deal, please don't enter FADE IN.

Comment

They're supposed to send coverage to the semi-finalists? I never knew. It was years ago when I entered.

Comment

I was a semifinalist a year or two ago. I was supposed to get coverage? F**k. I got nothing.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Great article. Fade-out is a total rip off. The article has a e-mail link and I sent it to Audrey Kelly, the publisher and editor-in-chief of Fade In Magazine, along with a goodbye letter because her contest is toast now.

Comment

Post this article on every screenwriting forum, get the word out to your friends. Let's make Fade-in become FADE-OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
                Great article. Fade-out is a total rip off. The article has a e-mail link and I sent it to Audrey Kelly, the publisher and editor-in-chief of Fade In Magazine, along with a goodbye letter because her contest is toast now.
                great work. i am miffed at myself a bit for entering twice with two different scripts. just donated her 160

Comment

Thanks for letting us know... I think it reinforces the important element of having someone in charge of the contests you enter who actually cares and takes an interest in helping the winners... Because it really all comes down to them in the end... Greg Beal at Nicholl and The Insider at trackingb seem like good examples... What other contests have people at the top you can talk to and who work hard to help you if you place?

Comment

I really feel like taking my head and smacking it on the keyboard.

What the hell is happening...

Can someone tell me why there are so many screenwriting contests??

What will happen in the future?

Will we see more or less screenwriting contests?
                    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
                    Paul Harvey
                    -
                    -
                    -

Comment

What the hell is happening...
                      they're preying on the desperation and hope of wannabe screenwriters with promises of opening the doorway to fame and fortune in the industry.

if i were you, BEN... i wouldn't endorse any more contests unless i had substantial proof, proven evidence and/or personal experience that it was on the up and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                        What will happen in the future?
                        I predict more of Ben's head smacking on a keyboard.

Comment

Thank you thank you very much,
                          stress and typing -- it's drama on its grandest scale.

I use a laptop and a deskop and an old fashion typewriter to do the damage....

I'm only applying to the top 2 screenwriting contest this year and future years.

But don't know whose the second one.

You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
                          Paul Harvey
                          -
                          -
                          -

Comment

Ben, Ben, Ben...for your own sake, please take a substantial portion of the time you waste writing countless message board posts, and use it to learn correct grammar. Otherwise you will be throwing your money away on those "top two contests" and any others.

Comment

Re: FADE IN MAGAZINE AWARDS

And maybe not talk unless you have something to say.
                              Free Script Tips:
                              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                              X