What Genre Should I Enter? It's Suspense but Not Even Close to Horror...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Genre Should I Enter? It's Suspense but Not Even Close to Horror...

(Hi, Corona.)

I'm wondering what genre I should enter my screenplay for some of these contests that judge in separate categories?

It's a psychological suspense, with some reference to murders, and has a big "reveal" and psychological torture scene.

But there is no violence, no blood of any kind.

I'm thinking if I have to enter under thriller, I'll be competing with all these horror scripts and it isn't even close to horror...it's about psychiatrists and their relationships with each other...but I'm thinking if there's a big reveal leading to a psychological torture scene it might have to go under suspense, which means thriller/horror...

Could I get away with entering it in "drama"?

Many thanks, everyone.
    Last edited by WildChild; 04-17-2009, 09:10 PM.
    If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. - J.C.

Re: What Genre Should I Enter? It's Suspense but Not Even Close to Horror...

Where is Corona? HELP!
    If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. - J.C.

Comment

I'm not sure.

Corona
      I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
      I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Psychological Thriller.

Comment

Don't believe it.

I mean I don't know the answer but I'm positive Double-D don't know it either.

That much I do know.

Corona
          I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I was just channeling your thoughts, Corona.

Comment

Thank you, anyway...maybe I will email the competition and bug them...

Comment

The script I want to enter is about as much a comedy as it is a drama, almost like The Breakfast Club in tone. I can't tell if it's a drama with comedic elements or a comedy with dramatic elements. And some adventure. And a bit of the supernatural. Anyone else have trouble just writing in one genre? It seems like if you're trying to make your characters realistic, it's hard to keep it one way or the other since life isn't always a drama or a comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
                  I was just channeling your thoughts, Corona.
                  Hi, Double-D.

I was just messin'.

Corona
                  I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Working...
                  X