USPS Never Delivered My Script to Scriptapalooza!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USPS Never Delivered My Script to Scriptapalooza!

Maybe you should count yourself lucky, and spend your money on a different contest. One that actually hires readers to read the scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberian exile View Post
      Maybe you should count yourself lucky, and spend your money on a different contest. One that actually hires readers to read the scripts.
      Dude, what do you know that I don't know?

(that was officially a question, Corona)
      If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. - J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberian exile View Post
        Hey, hey, hey! There will be no criticism of a contest that I've finalled in. All contests that like my screenplays are completely legit and above board!

Comment

Originally posted by KenRichards View Post
          Hey, hey, hey! There will be no criticism of a contest that I've finalled in. All contests that like my screenplays are completely legit and above board!

Dude, that's totally cool! Congratulations. By placing in the finals, did you get "reads" and an agent and all that stuff they talk about?
          If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. - J.C.

Comment

To Scriptapalooza entrants:

If you submitted by mail, did you get your SAS postcards back and were your checks cashed? If so how long did it take?

I AM NEVER MAILING IN ANOTHER SCREENPLAY ENTRY EVER AGAIN. AND USPS SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
              Why did you waste your time on Scriptapalooza again? Save your money.

Why do you say that...just curious....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by landercello View Post
                Why do you say that...just curious....thanks

I think there are some other threads on this board about this issue. It's pretty well known that Scriptapalooza doesn't hire judges to read their entries. They dump big boxes of scripts off at production companies and ask the execs to get the scripts read for them. So the poor low-paid assistants generally get stuck with them, and don't have time to actually even read half the scripts they get.

Basically, it totally sucks.

Nicholl and PAGE pay professional readers to read their entries on a per-script basis. As it should be.

I like Austin for the conference, but I understand they don't even pay their judges. They ask people to read scripts in exchange for free entry to the conference. So it's kind of a barter deal. A little iffy, IMHO....

Comment

Don't pay a nickel if it's not Nicholl...

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=42137

Comment

Originally posted by wildswan View Post
                    I think there are some other threads on this board about this issue. It's pretty well known that Scriptapalooza doesn't hire judges to read their entries. They dump big boxes of scripts off at production companies and ask the execs to get the scripts read for them. So the poor low-paid assistants generally get stuck with them, and don't have time to actually even read half the scripts they get.

Basically, it totally sucks.

Nicholl and PAGE pay professional readers to read their entries on a per-script basis. As it should be.

I like Austin for the conference, but I understand they don't even pay their judges. They ask people to read scripts in exchange for free entry to the conference. So it's kind of a barter deal. A little iffy, IMHO....

I agree 100% with Wildswan.
                    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
                    Paul Harvey
                    -
                    -
                    -

Comment

While I do believe there should be a standard for readers unfortunately Scriptapalooza and Austin are some of the bigger ones for television. PAGE has the TV section but its a bit expensive. I'd enter my pilot now but I think it could use some more work before I dump $70 on a contest. Austin, compared to that, is $30 for TV. Maybe I'm also nice to Scriptapalooza too because I was a semi-finalist in their last TV contest.

Comment

Working...
                      X