Cowrite Concludes Unique Script Contest! What A Ride! Final Thoughts?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowrite Concludes Unique Script Contest! What A Ride! Final Thoughts?

Cowrite the the only community-sourced screenplay
    declared Australian Josh Helman for his terrific conclusion to the Cowrite screenplay!
    Last edited by Ben; 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM.
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: Cowrite Concludes Unique Script Contest! What A Ride! Final Thoughts?

Yawn.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

This was a very stressful contest.

Tears. Sweat. Blood.

Did you submit?

I went crazy "tyring" to read those entries and submitting mine.

Don't your think it was a great writing exercise?
      You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
      Paul Harvey
      -
      -
      -

Comment

Can we agree that contest like this should be forever abandoned?

Comment

So has Benderspink sold it yet?

Comment

well...I'm a little disgruntled. I entered in 7 or 8 of the weeks (did not enter the final week) and was a finalist in 3 off the weeks. I think I was the only 3 time finalist, and I was bummed I didn't win one of those weeks because I would have liked the chance to rewrite the whole script (plus the few grand in cash wouldn't be too bad).

I still think it's a cool idea for a contest. I have a feeling that the contest organizer (Todd) was the only judge, so I would have liked to have seen more judges because a few of the winning entries were really bad. And a few were pretty good.

All in all, it was a good experience but I wouldn't do it again because it took me away from writing my own scripts for a few months.
            MT
            If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

I gave it 2 shots, thought it was interesting and for only $10/shot I just didn't buy any lottery tickets those weeks. You never know what can happen in these contests, especially from someone as reputable as Benderspink... as in, someone who read your entry, recognized talent, set it aside and then someone contacted you on the side... it could happen...
              "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

So how'd the final script turn out? Is it garbage? (anyone have it?)
                Twitter: @jboffer

Comment

Didn't read it, but:

http://cowritescript.com/Todd_cowrit...riptdraft1.pdf

Comment

It's terrible.

You can download it from the contest website.

Comment

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
                      well...I'm a little disgruntled. I entered in 7 or 8 of the weeks (did not enter the final week) and was a finalist in 3 off the weeks. I think I was the only 3 time finalist, and I was bummed I didn't win one of those weeks because I would have liked the chance to rewrite the whole script (plus the few grand in cash wouldn't be too bad).

I still think it's a cool idea for a contest. I have a feeling that the contest organizer (Todd) was the only judge, so I would have liked to have seen more judges because a few of the winning entries were really bad. And a few were pretty good.

All in all, it was a good experience but I wouldn't do it again because it took me away from writing my own scripts for a few months.
                      MT
                      I didn't have the constitution to stick with it past the first week. Kudos.

Comment

Could somone do a quick critique of page1 of this script.
                        Paul Harvey
                        -
                        -
                        -

Comment

I dusted off my round one entry and gave it a look for the first time since the night I wrote it. Holds up better than I thought it would, but the title is still my favorite part. Now that the contest is over, maybe I'll post my pages in the script page section.

Comment

Congrats Tim Dragga and Jacob Michael...

"Cowrite Announces Grand Prize Winner
                            Writing partners and USC film school grads Tim Dragga and Jacob Michael have been named the Grand Prize Winners of the Cowrite Screenwriting Competition, and will now complete a rewrite of the Cowrite community-sourced screenplay. Once the rewrite is complete, Cowrite will attempt to sell the script, and all of the weekly winners will share in any script sale."
                            Last edited by Ben; 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM.
                            Paul Harvey
                            -
                            -
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X