No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAGE Awards 2009 is on Twitter.

For those who entered this year,

PAGE Awards, in the person of Zoe Simmons -- Contest Coordinator -- sends little updates through their page on Twitter --

http://www.twitter.com/PAGEawards

M.

Re: PAGE Awards 2009 is on Twitter.

I must admit, when I read this, my first thought was, "that's lame and gimmicky."

But once I read the "tweets", I gotta say, it was pretty cool hearing about some of the updates and the judges' responses to scripts, even if they're anonymous.

Twitter on.

Comment

Call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure this Tweet is about my script.
      Comedy Judge says re: script "Unexpectedly fantastic read, sophisticated storytelling, very romantic without being corny, great dialogue!"

"People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
      - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
        Call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure this Tweet is about my script.
        Comedy Judge says re: script "Unexpectedly fantastic read, sophisticated storytelling, very romantic without being corny, great dialogue!"

Indeed, I'm sure this is about your masterpiece, loop! Best of luck in the Finals.

;-)

Comment

they should at least thrown in some crappy reviews to show some honesty. we all know they can't be all that great. however, there is that one i especially like: the link to the screenwriter's bible lol!

Comment

Yeah, they should definitely throw in a train wreck review. I mean, who wouldn't get a kick out of that?--even if we do discover a few weeks from now that it was our own decapitated child smeared across the tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by joe78 View Post
              Yeah, they should definitely throw in a train wreck review. I mean, who wouldn't get a kick out of that?--even if we do discover a few weeks from now that it was our own decapitated child smeared across the tracks...
              LOL! And with my luck, that masterpiece would probably be mine.

Comment

Their tweets seem quite basic. And out of the hundreds per categories, I think the tweets could represent multiple projects. I think it is just to keep their entrants on a close leash -- wanting every little glimpse of hope in going forward.
                Peripeteia - A sudden change of events or reversal of circumstances

Comment

Oh, come on!! It's FUN for those of us who entered. And of COURSE we hope those great reviews are about our scripts. Who wouldn't?

But don't worry, I'm sure most of us will have our dreams dashed soon enough.

Comment

I've been shamelessly checking out the tweets every day.

And every day, I've been shamelessly disappointed not to see one of the train wreck reviews.

I'm all for the hope-building endeavor of posting sparkling comments, but let's see some grit while we're at it...

Comment

HA! You can ask Zoe, but I for some reason I kinda doubt she'd wanna post those.

Comment

she obviously doesn't know anything about good storytelling. is she a judge?

Comment

Zoe's the coordinator. Don't think she judges.

Comment

from the twitter page...

Drama Judge extolls: "Great dialogue with compelling character's journey. About as good as it can be. Thought provoking. Resonant."

so, just out of curiosity, how many of you submitted a script in the drama category that could match this description?

Comment

Drama Judge extolls: "Great dialogue with compelling character's journey. About as good as it can be. Thought provoking. Resonant."

so, just out of curiosity, how many of you submitted a script in the drama category that could match this description?

I did, Joe!

Well, at least it made the Second Round.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Working...
                              X