Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone enter Scriptshark's contest?

I did, and I think I may have just flushed $50 down the drain.

First, I pay the $50 with a CC on their website ... then there's no way to upload my script. No link, nothing. So I email it to them, and then send a separate email and a phone call to let them know. (had to leave a message).

They get back to me several days later (on the day of the contest deadline) saying that I need to email my script to them. OK, I already did, but I'll email it again.

Which I do. Now, several days later from that, still no confirmation that they've received my script, or that they've connected it to my paid entry.

I just emailed them again asking for some confirmation. Every time I call I get an answering machine.

So far, low points for contest administration.

Anyone else having these difficulties?

Re: Anyone enter Scriptshark's contest?

Yeah, that's why I'd stick only to the more respected contests.

See...

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=42137

I really think that...

Nicholls
    Austin
    Final Draft
    PAGE
    Zoetrope
    Trackingb

...are the only way to go. And wilsonneads, if you're cool enough to get in...

Comment

and some people swear by scriptpimp. i just haven't checked it out.

Comment

Over on Triggerstreet, ScriptShark reviews the three Screenplay of the Month nominees every month and picks the winner... the thing is, from what I understand, they don't pick the winner based on which was the most positively reviewed script. They choose the most marketable of the three scripts.

Based on that, I'd be very careful in choosing what scripts I sent to this contest because, if they are using the same criteria, some scripts are going to be immediately rejected based on the logline and/or genre alone.

Comment

I'm just worried that my script won't be considered at all, and simply lost in cyberspace while they cash in my entry fee. I entered it based on the apparent connections to industry reps, such as Jewerl Ross (Silent R mgmt) who recently commented in an interview about his involvement with this contest.

Oh well, Joe78 is probably right, stick to the 5-6 he listed. (though hasn't Final Draft come under fire?)

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
            (though hasn't Final Draft come under fire?)
            I believe you're thinking of the Fade In Awards. Final Draft's Big Break, as far as I've heard, remains solid. It's Fade In that has attracted some criticism...

http://www.thewrap.com/article/1812

Comment

no, i think the FD contest has had some problems too. like most, they can't really deliver what they promise to the winners.

i've entered scriptpimp 2 years in a row now (diff scripts) that didn't advance to the finals but both time i received a nice consolation prize. was i consoled? not really but then my entrance fee actually paid for something comparable both times.

Every time I call I get an answering machine.
              next time leave a message. entertain them. be creative. go wild baby, go wild!

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                no, i think the FD contest has had some problems too. like most, they can't really deliver what they promise to the winners.
                like what? is there another thread where this is discussed? or an article?

Comment

which one's better, script shark or script pimp?

Comment

Just so everyone here knows, ScriptShark is a one-person operation.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                      Just so everyone here knows, ScriptShark is a one-person operation.
                      This isn't true, unless you define "a one-person operation" in a way that I don't understand.

Comment

Is that one person Lee Zahavi Jessup?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                          I don't know anything about the contest, except I get invited to the party every year to drink free beer and eat free food... But every year all 3 of the winners are there to accept their prizes, and there's always at least one from the UK or Europe, and I suspect FD pays to fly them over. I don't think I've ever gone to one of those things where all of the winners weren't there - and starving writers probably can't all afford to fly to LA and stay in some hotel.

So, what are they not delivering on?

- Bill
                          Free Script Tips:
                          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                            This isn't true, unless you define "a one-person operation" in a way that I don't understand.
                            Without getting into why, I know for a fact that Lee is the only person running the show. Sure, she hires freelance readers to read, but she's the only full time employee.

Comment

So am I the only DDer who entered?

If there is another, did you get any confirmation that your script was received?

Comment

Working...
                              X