Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl's Notification Date Looming

I've also heard from all three today (Abbot, House of Scribes, and Energy Entertainment). Is it safe to assume that the last one is good, and therefore will probably reject me?

I also got a request for a read from Vertigo Entertainment. Does anyone know anything about them?

Comment

Vertigo Entertainment is big into the horror/supernatural thriller genre and both solid and reputable people in the biz from what I gather. If they wanna read it, let them is my advice.

I too got a request from Abbot and I too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jay76 View Post
        Vertigo Entertainment is big into the horror/supernatural thriller genre and both solid and reputable people in the biz from what I gather. If they wanna read it, let them is my advice.

I too got a request from Abbot and I too shall pass.
        Thanks.

Comment

House of Scribes is the new name for the old Seth Lockhart (Now, randomly, Seth El) venture. He seems determined but a little ADD (considering how many new ventures/companies he's opened over the last couple years).

I wouldn't waste my time with Abbot.

Energy is always worth sending something to.

Vertigo is a top-notch shop. They like breaking new writers and were one of the companies involved in my first deal. Send it.
          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

fyi

http://www.houseofscribes.com/

Comment

Add Benderspink to my request list. Officially, my number of requests from being a Nicholl Quarterfinalist status is now equal to total requests from winning at Austin. Really shows the value and status of Nicholl.

Comment

Yeah. The biggest bummer about not making the semis was that I wasn't sure if the QFs would actually get me any reads, or if like most contests, "quarterfinalist" was another name for "loser." So far I can't complain.

Comment

Man, part of me really wants to reply to a request with a form letter from my legal department explaining to these agencies that I don't take unsolicited requests for representation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkeyofSpec View Post
                    Man, part of me really wants to reply to a request with a form letter from my legal department explaining to these agencies that I don't take unsolicited requests for representation.
                    How do you set your spam filter to trash emails with Query in the subject?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkeyofSpec View Post

Omigod....I can't stop laughing. That was classic, Monkey!
                      HL

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post

Omigod....I can't stop laughing. That was classic, Monkey!
                        Funny! But unsolicited queries from Film Rites (Sony/Mandate/Zaillian), BinderSpink, and Energy are making me happy!
                        i'm not really a new user...

Comment

Originally posted by -XL- View Post
                          House of Scribes is the new name for the old Seth Lockhart (Now, randomly, Seth El) venture. He seems determined but a little ADD (considering how many new ventures/companies he's opened over the last couple years).

I wouldn't waste my time with Abbot.

Energy is always worth sending something to.

Vertigo is a top-notch shop. They like breaking new writers and were one of the companies involved in my first deal. Send it.
                          Thanks, XL, and others for the feedback. I so hope Vertigo wants to break me. I am ready and eager to be broken.
                          Last edited by P-jay; 10-09-2009, 06:18 PM.

Comment

So, for those that got requests from the contest, are you hearing anything back, yet?

I know it's barely been more than a week, but this waiting stuff always feels like an eternity.

Comment

321 QF scripts I think. It's probably going to be a while, even if they have a full staff of readers.

CoC got back to me on my logline next day, FWIW...

Comment

I think it's too soon. I'm still getting requests. Industry Entertainment just a moment ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X