And the official 5 finalists of the Scriptshadow Screenplay Contest are...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the official 5 finalists of the Scriptshadow Screenplay Contest are...

Man, these last three days have been tough. While I had three finalists already chosen, it was an all out war for the last two slots. I went back and forth, back and forth. I reread a lot of screenplays. In the end, the decision was a hard one, particularly because I knew my taste played into it. There were a lot of wonderful screenplays submitted and because some didn't play into my "personal" brand of taste, the odds were stacked against them. But in the end, you have to go with your gut. These scripts will now be sent to Mike and Omar, and on July 31st, the Top 3 and winner will be announced. Congratulations to the five finalists. But don't be discouraged if you didn't make it. Your script very well could've been one of those that was right on the cusp. Or it could've been a well-written script that just didn't click with me personally. Here are the finalists in no particular order...

Biohazard
    "Calm Before The Storm"
    Genre - Thriller
    Logline - While seeking shelter during a tornado outbreak, a group of friends on a road trip are taken captive after witnessing a murder. But when one of them manages to escape, a cat-and-mouse game ensues amidst a severe storm as she struggles to outwit the killer and save her friends.

Wildchild
    "Hold Me, Heal Me, Kiss Me"
    Genre: Psychological Thriller
    Logline: A psychiatrist struggles to come to terms with the truth about herself and the man she's in love with when two of their patients are murdered.

Aaron_C
    "The Translation"
    Genre: Sci-Fi Thriller
    Logline: When a well-trusted D.C. cop uncovers a high level government conspiracy involving clones designed to replace the dead, known as "translations", he fights to protect the one person who holds the key to exposing it all: his cloned wife.

Jim Mercurio
    "Dysfunction Junction"
    Genre: Drama
    Logline: An orally fixated neurotic psychologist falls for an anally retentive businesswoman and all sex breaks loose.

JakeJackson
    "Cylinder"
    Genre: Thriller
    Logline: After accidentally killing their classmate, five teenage friends make a suicide pact - randomly choose one to die and take all the blame, allowing the rest to move on with their lives. But when faced with making the ultimate sacrifice, the bonds of loyalty shatter as the best friends turn to hunting each other in a savage scramble to survive.

Wow, year of the thriller, huh? I'll be checking back here in a few days to give my thoughts about the contest and talk a little bit about those who came close but just missed the cut. But right now, I'm taking a nap!

Thaks everyone for giving me this opportunity. Despite the hard work, it really was fun!

Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: And the official 5 finalists of the Scriptshadow Screenplay Contest are...

Congrats to all!

Comment

Congrats to all

Didn't make it. Year of the thriller... Maybe not year of the quirky actioner

Comment

Congrats final five!
        The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Congrats to the top five.... can't wait to read these if they ever get out!

Thanks again Wilson for taken on this endeavor!
          Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Thanks Wilson, and congrats to all!

Comment

Yeah, same. Not sure even what to call my script (a problem, right there, methinks), but a hearty congrats to the above winners. I hope wonderful things happen to these scripts and these writers.

Good luck in the next round!
              Nic
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

Congratulations you five! Nicely done. Good luck in the next round!!!!

Comment

Congrats to the finalists and many thanks again to Wilson for running the contest.

Comment

Congratulations to Biohazard, Wildchild, Aaron_C, Jim Mercurio and JakeJackson. I hope to hear some success stories out of this contest!
                    http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Congrats to "The Five". Good luck with Survivor round 2. Break a quill.

and...

Thanks Wilson for all the hard work. You deserve a vacation. Some place tropical I would think.
                      Last edited by cmmora; 07-17-2009, 05:24 PM. Reason: A bad omision on my part. Sorry Shadow.
                      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Wow, really?

Kick ass!

Congrats Wildchild, Aaron_C, Jim Mercurio and JakeJackson!

Comment

Congrats to all of you!

Except Biohazard.

Just kidding. About the congrats, not the dig on BioHazard.

Just kidding, about the kidding about the congrats.

Congrats! Including Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post

Wow, really?

Kick ass!

Congrats Wildchild, Aaron_C, Jim Mercurio and JakeJackson!
                            Good on you, bio! Very cool to see your name up there.
                            sigpic

Website
                            Tweets
                            Book

Comment

Congrats to four of you.

The other one...you know who you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X