And the official 5 finalists of the Scriptshadow Screenplay Contest are...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And the official 5 finalists of the Scriptshadow Screenplay Contest are...

Congratulations!

Wild, you got anymore basic questions, girl?

We'll answer them for you:

Right on, Wilson. Nice job, man.

Corona
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I totally dropped the ball on this contest. Didn't know about it until after the deadline had passed. Don't read this forum too often.

Would have been fun to participate. Maybe next yr if Wilson-Carson wants to do it again.

Congrats to the finalists!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley View Post
        To me, this is a good indication that the finalist who offers screenwriting services to other writers KNOWS HOW TO WRITE.
        Hey, best of luck to all the finalists. But to charge newbies 2500 bucks to consult on their screenplays at the same time you're trying to compete against them for a referral to an agent and a manager? And the entered screenplay already has a "Hollywood producer" attached, trying to raise money and package it?

I'd pick up the phone and ask the Hollywood producer for a referral or two. To each his own, I guess.

Comment

Congrats, guys! And thanks for the free read, Wilson!

I had a feeling my submitted script wasn't going to win a contest like this, though I hope Wilson found some entertainment in reading it.

The valuable thing about this contest was that, in doing my research of Wilson's posts before deciding what to submit (which saved him from having to read a script that I would compare to several popular films he did not like), I realized based on advice/criticism he's given that the script I was going to submit needed a few beats to strengthen the protagonist's character arc.

So, I did a polish on it that I think improved the overall quality of the script, and that'll certainly help me down the line in trying to market it.

So, thanks again Wilson!
          Last edited by TheKeenGuy; 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
            Hey, best of luck to all the finalists. But to charge newbies 2500 bucks to consult on their screenplays at the same time you're trying to compete against them for a referral to an agent and a manager? And the entered screenplay already has a "Hollywood producer" attached, trying to raise money and package it?

I'd pick up the phone and ask the Hollywood producer for a referral or two. To each his own, I guess.
            When he wins this contest (which is, I'm sure, a foregone conclusion), he'll be able to charge $25 just to read his posts.....

Comment

And the entered screenplay already has a "Hollywood producer" attached, trying to raise money and package it?
              No offense, Jim.

I don't recall what Wilson's rules were for the contest but having a producer attached to a script is, imo, closer to the brass ring than simply having a manager or agent.

Wilson? What were the guidelines?
              Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Guidelines were no current representation and no produced credits within the last two years.
                Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Keen, I'm happy I could help out.
                  Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow, this may be the last person here that needed to enter. One potential winner left the contest just because he was on the verge of gaining representation. And this guy is practically a professional, ranked 5th in the country for screenplay analysts as he proclaims on his website.

I wish success on everyone... but what does this contest do for this guy? The entered screenplay has already won awards.

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptShadow View Post
                      Guidelines were no current representation and no produced credits within the last two years.
                      Hmmm. I guess I was under the impression this contest was for complete newbies to get their work in front of reps.

Essentially, if Bill Martell (who, as I understand, famously has no reps) had not had a produced credit for 2 years, he could have entered this contest also?
                      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                        One potential winner left the contest just because he was on the verge of gaining representation.
                        Sort of a "letter of the law" versus "spirit of the law" situation, I gather.

Comment

By the way...

I haven't noticed anyone cross the line, but let me just ask that people take it easy and not get too critical of one of the finalists.

The point has certainly already been made.

Comment

Congrats to everyone!

Winners should be repped just in time for the (crossing fingers) boom in spec sales this fall!
                            Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Yeah, back off, people.

Cannibals need to eat, too!
                              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                                By the way...

I haven't noticed anyone cross the line, but let me just ask that people take it easy and not get too critical of one of the finalists.
                                I heard he eats cat food.

Comment

Working...
                                X