PAGE Awards Semi Finalists are bound to be announced in 40 hours.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PAGE Awards Semi Finalists are bound to be announced in 40 hours.

latest from Zoe....

"Historical Judge: "Several scripts stand out in pack. Interesting subjects well portrayed. Cinematic - New perspective - Read like a movie!""

despite the tantalizing effect of not knowing which scripts are being commented on, it's very interesting to hear what the judges are saying behind closed doors..

Comment

Originally posted by joe78 View Post

despite the tantalizing effect of not knowing which scripts are being commented on, it's very interesting to hear what the judges are saying behind closed doors..
      /agree. Waiting patiently for comments from the Shorts judges.

Also-
      "Historical Judge: "Several scripts stand out in pack. Interesting subjects well portrayed. Cinematic - New perspective - Read like a movie!""
      At this stage in the competition, I would hope so!

Comment

Same here, with Drama, Jakkal.....
        Breath !
        HL

Comment

Like a kid waiting for Christmas

Only Christmas is more of a Russian Roulette. Russian Christmas? In Soviet Russia presents open you!

Sigh... gotta pass time somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
            Hey C.C.

Thanks for that. I checked it out. All going well until-

Budget will not exceed $700k

Explosions. Guns. Helicopters. It would take a minor miracle to get in under 5 Mill!

But I appreciate the gesture
            Right. Big action.

Y'know... Budgets can go up if the right actor/director/oil sheik comes on board. Wouldn't rule out that company but check their track record.

Really cool premise though. You should get a lot of requests on that one.

Great contest all around though. Updating the drafts of the scripts before they go out for the final round of judging = policy EVERY contest should have.

Very pleased to make it this far in a top contest.

Good luck to everyone! Be sure to keep up the rewriting. Script requests coming and want to have a polished draft out there.
            "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

from Zoe's tweets...

"Shorts Judge says: "Really hard to choose top 3. Really good work across the board. Decisions will be splitting hairs in some cases. Tough.""

Comment

from Zoe's tweets...

"Shorts Judge says: "Really hard to choose top 3. Really good work across the board. Decisions will be splitting hairs in some cases. Tough.""
                Ahh! I was hoping I might be able to identify mine from the comment. No matter, that's still nice to hear. Now just gotta wait two more weeks...

Anyone know how the winners are announced? Same website thing or is there a live feed to the winners being announced?

Hang in there, HLTassin, I'm sure the Drama tweet will be coming soon

Comment

Jakkal, I hear you, dude. What you wanted Zoe to tweet was something like:

Judges says clear cut winner in Shorts category! Great concept....Italian Neorealism with a Latin twist!!"
                  HL

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
                    Jakkal, I hear you, dude. What you wanted Zoe to tweet was something like:

Judges says clear cut winner in Shorts category! Great concept....Italian Neorealism with a Latin twist!!"
                    In so many words

Back in the semi-finals I was sooo happy when she posted:

"Our Semi-Final Short Film Judges are very impressed with the "wonderful array of material from around the world!" More tough choices -Yikes!"

Comment

• Re: PAGE Awards Semi Finalists are bound to be announced in 40 hours.

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
                      Right. Big action.

Y'know... Budgets can go up if the right actor/director/oil sheik comes on board. Wouldn't rule out that company but check their track record.

Really cool premise though. You should get a lot of requests on that one.
                      Thanks C.C.

From your lips to Hollywood's hips......whateva that means.

That said, it's one thing to like the premise. What worries me is that I may not have done it justice. It's very difficult to write a quirky actioner and yet insert a scene of the detective slipping the shoe onto the heroine without it seeming somewhat goofy.

Still... time will tell

Comment

Latest tweet: "Thriller/Horror Judge: "Kudos to work bringing new twists on genre. A few scripts had me on edge of seat. Understand craft, great visuals!"

Comment

Here you go HLTassin:

"Drama Judge writes: "Really original idea, very enjoyable to read, story was well-structured, characters were well-defined. I'd watch it!""

Not very specific, but then again, which tweet was

Comment

You know, with a couple of glasses of wine, I could probably convince myself that they were talking about mine.

Hmmmm.......I suppose it's too early to start drinking, huh?

Oh well...
                            HL

Comment

Hey, whatever helps

Comment

Just wishful thinking, Jakkal....wishful thinking ...
                                HL

Comment

Working...
                                X