www.cowritescript.com...When is the next first 10 pages being accepted?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.cowritescript.com...When is the next first 10 pages being accepted?

Hi,

Would anyone know when COWRITE script contest
    will accept the new FIRST 10 pages for a new story?

What genre will go for this time ?

Looking forward to it....
    http://www.cowritescript.com/
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: ww.cowritescript.com...When is the next first 10 pages being accepted?

Probably never, since the first one was such a huge bust. By week three or four they were desperately begging for more entries.

As for the genre, they'll probably say "we're looking for something like a mix between Animal House and Superbad" and then the winning entry will be a Saw knockoff.

Comment

Re: ww.cowritescript.com...When is the next first 10 pages being accepted?

I'm not sure if they were begging for entries but I do think it was a bust because of the quality of the script they eventually got.

Hopefully they've learned from the first experience and can better run the second competition (if there is one).

For example:

1) Sinnycal's right: Be very clear about the type of script you want.

2) Get some better readers to vet the entries you accept (especially the first, which sets the tone for everything that follows.)

3) Increase the page count per entry period (which I think they did near the end anyway, to 15 pages.)

If they made money in the competition, they'll probably run it again.

Comment

Re: www.cowritescript.com...When is the next first 10 pages being accepted?

Congrats to Tim Dragga and Jacob Michael...

"Cowrite Announces Grand Prize Winner
        Writing partners and USC film school grads Tim Dragga and Jacob Michael have been named the Grand Prize Winners of the Cowrite Screenwriting Competition, and will now complete a rewrite of the Cowrite community-sourced screenplay. Once the rewrite is complete, Cowrite will attempt to sell the script, and all of the weekly winners will share in any script sale."
        You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
        Paul Harvey
        -
        -
        -

Comment

Who ever would've imagined that throwing a dozen writers/writing teams at a project would've resulted in a fiasco?

It's a good thing Hollywood doesn't do that.
          Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Shocking news considering they were they only team to win multiple weeks.
            If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. We did increase the page count towards the end of the contest and will do the same moving forward. The deadline for the first set of pages for the next story will be in January 2010. The new logline probably won't be posted until December 2009.

We were happy with the first draft of the Cowrite screenplay and very pleased we were able to pay 10 writers for their work as well as set them up with meetings with Benderspink (The Hangover, A History of Violence). As with all rewrites, there will be a lot of work involved but we’re confident Tim and Jacob will do a great job reworking the story.

Comment

Now if this script sells, who gets paid? All the writers?
                http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Yes, all the winners share in any script sale.

Comment

I think they said the WGA will have to sort it out.

Looking forward to the next contest tds. My own opinions about the final script aside, I think a community written script was a novel idea and I wish you luck with the final draft.

Comment

WGA will have to sort out credits.

Comment

Do you realize how much this would have to sell for to make it worthwhile for the writers, after everyone takes their cut?
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Each of the writers has already been paid $2,000 for their 10-15 page contribution. Anything on top of that would be great. I would imagine all would be happy and think it worthwhile to get even their share of the WGA minimum.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Anagram! Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tds View Post
                              Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. We did increase the page count towards the end of the contest and will do the same moving forward. The deadline for the first set of pages for the next story will be in January 2010. The new logline probably won't be posted until December 2009.
                              Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to the next one in Dec. 2009.

Cheers,
                              Paul Harvey
                              -
                              -
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X