Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

Julie Gray has a great rep (you can look at the website for companies/managers she works with and she's Hugh Jackman's personal reader). Use the coverage services and you may have a manager before next year's contests.
    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

sorry, i didn't mean to mis-represent the prizes. the grand winner gets those things mentioned (laptop, phone, lunch).

but the prizes are sweet for the top 3. not over the top, but sensible to me.

www.silverscreenwriting.com or thescriptdepartment.com
      a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
        she's Hugh Jackman's personal reader
        Since when?

Comment

I'd just heard that. Maybe not. You can go to the website and there's an impressive client list and managers/agents that request to read scripts they scout. The Gary Goldstein mentorship program has a telephone interview with Julie. Great info.

Comment

Julie (a good friend of mine) asked me to set the record straight on this Hugh Jackman issue, so here goes:

Seed Productions gets most of their reading done internally, but when they have overflow, they go with TSD. Since Hugh likes and trusts Julie's take, he insists that she cover those scripts herself.
            Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
            Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Originally posted by Tony R View Post
              Julie (a good friend of mine) asked me to set the record straight on this Hugh Jackman issue, so here goes:

Seed Productions gets most of their reading done internally, but when they have overflow, they go with TSD. Since Hugh likes and trusts Julie's take, he insists that she cover those scripts herself.
              Thanks for the clarification.

The notes I've received from The Script Department have been top notch. I've sent her a script on Sunday for an overnight and gotten notes Monday morning. No one should send a script out until they've gotten notes from a pro reader and Julie and her staff are the best.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Julie used to be my writing partner.

Comment

I've only ever had limited contact with Julie - but she's always been a straight shooter and really encouraging.

Nice to know there's still some good people out there.

Good luck to everyone. That "Horror Comic" sounds quite interesting. Anyone got a logline?
                  @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists FINALISTS ANNOUNCED

Top 10 Finalists

September 10th, 2009 by JulieGray (www.justeffing.com)

Well - here they are. The top 10 scripts out of 650 submissions in the 2009 Silver Screenwriting Competition. So that makes them what - the top 1%? Is that right? My math is terrible! Congratulations to everyone on this list! In five days the grand prize, second and third prize winners will be announced as well. Good times!

BET ON BLOOD by Patrick Barb
                    ENDOWMENT by Ian Samplin
                    EVERLASTING by Brent Spencer and Jonis Agree
                    INUGAMI by Rich Figel
                    HORROR COMIC by Stephen Hoover
                    LIFE AMONG THE RUINS by Anthony Fisher
                    SHIFT by Kodjo Akeseh Tsakpo
                    THE GREAT AMERICAN LOSER by Jess DiGiacinto
                    THE HAPPINESS EXPERIMENT by Alex Darrow
                    WAY TO THE CAGE by Richard Michael Lucas

Comment

Congrats, RichMike.

Comment

Congrats to Stephen H. ...again! As I said before, you're on fire! I assume RichMike's SP is Way to The Cage?? Congrats to you as well...and all the others!
                        HL

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
                          Congrats to Stephen H. ...again! As I said before, you're on fire! I assume RichMike's SP is Way to The Cage?? Congrats to you as well...and all the others!
                          Thanks! Good luck to everyone this contest season!

Comment

thanks to all and to all a good night!!!
                            a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

HORROR COMIC won 2nd place! Surprised and pleased with the result.

Comment

Congrats! Finished in the Top 10 and I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X