Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichMike
    replied
    Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - Final Winners 2009...some recognized names...

Ok, so I made the Top 10 or Top 1.5%

But these folks WON!!

http://www.silverscreenwriting.com/

Congrats to all! I am jealous, yet inspired! Enjoy the results of your hard work and best of luck with your projects. Hope to read these scripts one day soon, see them on the Black List AND see them on the SCREEN!!!!!!!!!

Great work.

And The Winner of The 2009 Silverscreenwriting Competition Is...

Shift by Kodjo Akeseh Tsakpo

2nd Prize - Horror Comic by Stephen Hoover

3rd Prize - Everlasting by Brent Spencer and Jonis Agee

</H4>
    Click here for the list of Top 10 Finalists. Click here for the list of Semi-Finalists.
    Click here for the list of Quarterfinalists.
    In our neverending quest to make you a better writer, The Script Department created a screenwriting competition like no other. Even with over $10,000 in prizes, we reward our entrants with something even more precious than silver or gold — a chance to kick-start a career. The Grand Prize winner will fly to Los Angeles, stay at a four star hotel on the Sunset Strip, dine with A-list writer Josh Zetumer, who is currently adapting the Sci-Fi classic DUNE for director Peter Berg; have a day of three meetings with three managers; enjoy cocktails with The Script Department at the Chateau Marmont and have the experience of a lifetime. And all that’s on top of winning a MacBook Air, an iPhone and tons of other great prizes.
    [/B]
    Last edited by RichMike; 09-15-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: format looks terrible

Leave a comment:

• C.C.Baxter
    replied
    Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

Originally posted by P.Barb View Post
    Congrats! Finished in the Top 10 and I'm feeling pretty good about that.
    Top 10 is great. Julie's well known within the industry. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• P.Barb
    replied
    Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists Quarterfinalist2009...some recognized names...

Congrats! Finished in the Top 10 and I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Leave a comment:

• C.C.Baxter
    replied

HORROR COMIC won 2nd place! Surprised and pleased with the result.

Leave a comment:

• RichMike
    replied

thanks to all and to all a good night!!!

Leave a comment:

• C.C.Baxter
    replied

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
    Congrats to Stephen H. ...again! As I said before, you're on fire! I assume RichMike's SP is Way to The Cage?? Congrats to you as well...and all the others!
    Thanks! Good luck to everyone this contest season!

Leave a comment:

• HLTassin
    replied

Congrats to Stephen H. ...again! As I said before, you're on fire! I assume RichMike's SP is Way to The Cage?? Congrats to you as well...and all the others!

Leave a comment:

• brubenow
    replied

Congrats, RichMike.

Leave a comment:

• zazzo2003
    replied
    Re: Script Dept(Julie Gray's) - lists FINALISTS ANNOUNCED

Top 10 Finalists

September 10th, 2009 by JulieGray (www.justeffing.com)

Well - here they are. The top 10 scripts out of 650 submissions in the 2009 Silver Screenwriting Competition. So that makes them what - the top 1%? Is that right? My math is terrible! Congratulations to everyone on this list! In five days the grand prize, second and third prize winners will be announced as well. Good times!

BET ON BLOOD by Patrick Barb
    ENDOWMENT by Ian Samplin
    EVERLASTING by Brent Spencer and Jonis Agree
    INUGAMI by Rich Figel
    HORROR COMIC by Stephen Hoover
    LIFE AMONG THE RUINS by Anthony Fisher
    SHIFT by Kodjo Akeseh Tsakpo
    THE GREAT AMERICAN LOSER by Jess DiGiacinto
    THE HAPPINESS EXPERIMENT by Alex Darrow
    WAY TO THE CAGE by Richard Michael Lucas

Leave a comment:

• Terrance Mulloy
    replied

I've only ever had limited contact with Julie - but she's always been a straight shooter and really encouraging.

Nice to know there's still some good people out there.

Good luck to everyone. That "Horror Comic" sounds quite interesting. Anyone got a logline?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Schuster
    replied

Julie used to be my writing partner.

Leave a comment:

• C.C.Baxter
    replied

Originally posted by Tony R View Post
    Julie (a good friend of mine) asked me to set the record straight on this Hugh Jackman issue, so here goes:

Seed Productions gets most of their reading done internally, but when they have overflow, they go with TSD. Since Hugh likes and trusts Julie's take, he insists that she cover those scripts herself.
    Thanks for the clarification.

The notes I've received from The Script Department have been top notch. I've sent her a script on Sunday for an overnight and gotten notes Monday morning. No one should send a script out until they've gotten notes from a pro reader and Julie and her staff are the best.

Good luck to everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Tony R
    replied

Julie (a good friend of mine) asked me to set the record straight on this Hugh Jackman issue, so here goes:

Seed Productions gets most of their reading done internally, but when they have overflow, they go with TSD. Since Hugh likes and trusts Julie's take, he insists that she cover those scripts herself.

Leave a comment:

• C.C.Baxter
    replied

I'd just heard that. Maybe not. You can go to the website and there's an impressive client list and managers/agents that request to read scripts they scout. The Gary Goldstein mentorship program has a telephone interview with Julie. Great info.

Leave a comment:

• qualitycontrol
    replied

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
    she's Hugh Jackman's personal reader
    Since when?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X