CS Open Scene Competition -- most disquietuded screenplay contest ever!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Open Scene Competition -- most disquietuded screenplay contest ever!

Talk about a stressful contest.
    I thought co-write was stressful.
    Check this out -- will you apply?
    http://screenwritingexpo.com/writing...ment.2009.html

"Round Two: The All-Nighter

Round Two is like this: it becomes obvious late in the day that a production needs a new scene by the next morning to make the story work. You get the call: "We gotta have this by 9 a.m.!"

The 100 writers who survive the first round will receive a new premise at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2009.

They will have until 9 a.m. the next morning, Friday, Oct. 2, to write and submit that new five-page scene.

Again, the CoverageInk.com. judges will grade each scene. As in Round One, each of the 100 quarterfinalists will receive feedback and a score from a judge by email. Ten writers will advance to Round Three.

Round Three: 90 Minutes Of Pressure

Prepare to be tortured.

It's like this: You're a script doctor. You are visiting the set of a movie someone else penned. Production has stopped dead. The producer, covered with sweat, rushes up to you and says, "We need a scene! The studio is threatening to pull the plug if we don't shoot it today!"

You realize that it's Payday, with a capital P. You muster the nerve to blurt out an obscene price. The producer winces, but points and says, "There's my trailer."

So now you (and nine other semifinalists) are the hotshot on the hot seat."
    http://screenwritingexpo.com/writing...ment.2009.html
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: CS Open Scene Competition -- most disquietuded screenplay contest ever!

Sounds kinda fun.

Not fun enough to send me scrambling for my thesaurus, but fun.

Comment

Working...
    X