Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAGE -- Info for Finalists -- MUST READ

There was some confusion (at least on my part) about the midnight, September 2nd. Was that tonight, tomorrow. SO here goes:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for writing in with your question for all our Finalists -- That is SO sweet of you to offer to help in this way! :-)

I will have a late night either way -- And I don't know why people get so confused with this -- (I get questions every deadline):

So here goes --

September 2, 2009 midnight Pacific Standard Time is one minute BEFORE September 3, 2009.

We absolutely wanted to give that extra day -- So yes, in California it is now almost 8:30pm PST, and they have a full 24 hours plus 3 and a half more hours.

Again, THANK YOU for being so kind and considerate!

Best regards,

Zoe Simmons
    Contest Coordinator
    The 2009 PAGE International
    Screenwriting Awards
    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Re: PAGE -- Info for Finalists -- MUST READ

This is why you should set deadlines for 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
      This is why you should set deadlines for 11:59 PM.

Zoe was very nice to respond to an email this late. I submitted my script already. Had polished it a bit and no point in stressing all day tomorrow.

Great policy for PAGE doing this. They give a 30 day notice to Semi-Finalists to get their scripts ready if they want to update. Then the extra day. Hope people didn't wait!

The only other contest I know that allows resubmits is BlueCat. Prefer PAGE's method of doing it for advancing scripts. Recognizes over the court of a couple of months writers can advance scripts draft after draft.

Every contest should want the best possible version of the screenplays going out to judges and professional community. Those scripts reflect on the ability of the writer and the contest's eye for talent.

Honored to have advanced this far as there are so many great writers participating. Good luck to everyone!

trackingb up next!

Comment

Thanks CC, for clarifying that. I'm going to send mine (it's all ready!) in the morning, along with the questionaire I got via email tonight.

Congrats to you! Wow, you are all over the place in these contests....you are on fire, dude!
        HL

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
          Thanks CC, for clarifying that. I'm going to send mine (it's all ready!) in the morning, along with the questionaire I got via email tonight.

Congrats to you! Wow, you are all over the place in these contests....you are on fire, dude!
          Yeah -- lot of fees! Been good getting the feedback and the occasional pat on the back though. Won't be eligible next year.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
            "Won't be eligible next year."
            Like this optimistic attitude - it's mine too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
              Like this optimistic attitude - it's mine too!

I've got three producers raising money to make three of my scripts into features. So... I'm liking those odds.

TrackingB though allows pros to do their contest. But that's more for pros that have stalled out and need a the contest to get attention/forward momentum.

Good luck this (final) contest season!

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post

Honored to have advanced this far as there are so many great writers participating. Good luck to everyone!
                You deserve it, Stephen. You're a very talented writer. Best of luck!
                sigpic
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                10,000+ Screenplays
                DD Thread Facebook
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                  You deserve it, Stephen. You're a very talented writer. Best of luck!
                  Thanks! Some great notes from a not so Evil script consultant helped!

Comment

Working...
                  X