Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shriekfest

anyone enter? any thoughts on this contest?

Re: Shriekfest

Put it this way, they will probably let you read with or without credentials if you email and ask, and they have pretty high entree fees considering that they don't pay their readers a dime and the prize is a pretty low dollar amount if I remember. So the question is what is in it if you win, are the readers fit to judge the quality of your script, is there a better contest you could invest your money into? It's little more than a money grab if you ask me.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I was a finalist a couple of years ago. I didn't win but I did get a free pass to the Shriekfest Film Festival, they forwarded my script to inquiring production companies (asked my permission first of course) and received some free publicity - they interview you and keep it posted on their website and if they like your script they'll give you a heads up on producers looking for particular type of work.

If you win, you get this really neat tombstone award. I really, really wanted it. I laughed at the people who accepted the award like it was an Oscar, thanking their family and friends - but you know I totally would have done the exact same thing if I had won!

One last thing is, the winners were pretty heavily of the horror genre although the finalists included sci fi and fantasy. My script was a live action fantasy in the realm of Lord of the Rings. Since it wasn't horror I'm guessing that's why I didn't get my darn tombstone award!
      www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

I see. Yeah I made it to the semis with one script and didnt make the cut with another script but i got passes to the festival for both which I thought was strange but cool. Too bad sf placement doesnt get you any reads though.

Comment

Working...
        X