Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Cyberspace Open Round 1

Okay - anybody beside myself enter this one? I didn't want to post until the final deadline to submit is over but i'll be at work so don't give any answers (if you dare ) until after 9am monday.

Premise
    Your PROTAGONIST is in a jam. He (or she) had been relying on deception in order to further his objective, but his ENEMY has figured out the ruse. Write the scene in which your protagonist’s LOVE INTEREST confronts him with this information acquired from the enemy – while staging it in a tricky or dangerous situation.

have some fun and give it up:
    Who is your Protagonist?
    Who is your Enemy?
    Who is your Love Interest?
    And what's their dilemma?
    How many pages did you submit?

Re: CS Cyberspace Open Round 1

I'm in, but I'm not 'giving up' anything until the deadline has passed. This one wasn't a hard deadline to meet, but I have a feeling the next round, for those who make it, is going to feel like an episode of Project Runway. (Wish it could also be a valid excuse to shop at Mood, but I digress...)
    "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I'm in. Should be fun.
      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Yup. Me too.

Good luck.

A guy, another guy, his wife, attempted murder, 4 pages.

Comment

I'm in also. I bought two entries.

I did a "Bourne Identity" thing on a yacht... and then did an off the wall comedy (taking everything in the premise literally).

Best of luck to everyone-

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by rainer View Post
            and then did an off the wall comedy (taking everything in the premise literally).
            So your protagonist is covered with jam?

I wanted to enter this, but the times didn't work with my schedule.
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

my protag is "jammed" in an air conditioning vent
              i fought myself not using the pun in the dialogue and ruining the tone. lol!

Comment

I entered too. Mine is set in 16th Century Italy.

Wonder when the results of the first found will be in...

Comment

I am in too. Since this was my first time at this kind of contest I used as much of the time as possible. Probably should have aimed at the end goal of getting it done in an hour and a half. Regardless, I came away with two great spec ideas. Sure hope to make it to the next round. Sure was fun.

Comment

Got my scores tonight. Is that good or bad? Anybody have an idea of what kind of score it takes to qualify as a quarterfinalist?

Comment

Got mine too and I'm pretty happy...I think. The top 100 go on to the next round but I have no idea how many entered.

Comment

I think everyone will need to be scored before we find out the QFs. I got a 23 on style but only 20 on dialogue. Say, what? I thought my dialogue was good. (Honestly, how many times do you get to use Stravinsky's 'Rite of String' in a punchline?)
                        "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

haven't got mine yet but have seen 79, 82 and 86 posted from other peeps so far
                          "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Everyone that has received their scores, when did you submit your scene?

Just wondering if that determines when we receive feedback. I uploaded mine Sunday night around 10pm Eastern.

Comment

I submitted Sunday night as well and have my scores. Jim's email today explains it all. They got a ton of entries.

Comment

Working...
                              X