No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CS Cyberspace Open Round 1

But I'm human, and just like tons of other people I screwed up
    this actually list all the people who were disqualified and the reasons why. i've seen no other contest who did that. anyhoo -- only 13 did NOT include the cover letter. that's a far cry from "tons". i could call that typical.

most people didn't include contact information. how ridiculous is that?! i would want them to know where to send the check.

also, it was a lesson learned that was more valuable than the expense. $12 vs $40 entrance fee like so many other contests.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post

also, it was a lesson learned that was more valuable than the expense. $12 vs $40 entrance fee like so many other contests.
      yeah, you're right, I could have been suckered out of $40 instead of $12 so I actually saved $28, cool
      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
        this actually list all the people who were disqualified and the reasons why. i've seen no other contest who did that. anyhoo -- only 13 did NOT include the cover letter. that's a far cry from "tons". i could call that typical.

most people didn't include contact information. how ridiculous is that?! i would want them to know where to send the check.
        They said it was a partial list, which means that's only a fraction of the people who were disqualified. My number and the number of many others was not on the list.

I agree with you, though, about the contact information. Those instructions were clear on the submission page and there's really nothing they can do if you don't put your name on your work, or if you enter it with an unreadable format.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I'm still waiting for my refund. Emailed 5X now and even got two responses that were CC'd to Bill Donovan himself.

So far the excuse has been that it is more diffcult to refund Paypal payments. Lamest excuse I have ever heard.

Last correspondence.

Me: I am wondering if I am going to get a refund?
          Them: Yes

Nothing further forthcoming -- including my money back.

Comment

Got my refund and apology from Bill today, so considering the matter closed

Comment

You should chew on some parsley ... help get that taste out of your mouth. I got my check too and a promise (maybe not a pinkie swear promise) to give me a score.... eventually. I'm sure it will be way below 93.

Comment

Working...
              X