No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CS Screenwriting Expo - Golden Pitch

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
    don't forget to create a "one" sheet to leave behind after you pitch.
    Sorry NikeeGoddess... a "one" sheet. Will you explain please?

Comment

i'll let somebody else explain it: http://www.pitchfest.com/newsletters...nesheets.shtml

i love making these as much as i love pitching. i never get anywhere with written queries. but i can definitely get reads from pitching. i had someone call me 9 months later and i'm sure the "one sheet" helped keep my idea handy.

Comment

I appreciate all the great advice on this and other CSSE related threads. RichMike you have given me some great tips via messages. Thanks.

Living in Colorado, I rarely (if ever) get the chance to test my pitch on live industry people. All I have to show so far for my marketing efforts are discarded emails and returned query letters that read "we do not accept unsolicited material" (despite the recent HRD and HCD comments that they do). To sit across a table from a person that represents a production company or agency -- honestly looking or there for show -- is an experience I am willing to pay to gain. It is still a less expensive thrill than one skydive.

I want to squeeze as much out of this experience as possible. If a networking party is a dog... we will go out and explore LA. If we get snagged on a negative experience, we drive over to the beach and watch the waves. We probably all write magical twists on real life (events that defy reality) in our scripts. We have a much better chance of "getting lucky" if we -- as Richard Wiseman writes -- get in the way of luck.

That written, again, I am grateful for the invaluable feedback posted by some of you seasoned forum members. I look forward to meet some of you or at least share my experience in a post-Expo thread.

BTW. I bought 8 Golden PitchFest tickets. I wanted to get CAA and Intrigue as well, but they were sold out. Can't wait to give this my best shot and see what happens. I did my research and these look like my best ops.

17-Oct Silver Pictures and Dark Castle
        17-Oct Summit Entertainment
        17-Oct Mark Gordon Company
        18-Oct Robert Kosberg Productions
        18-Oct Relativity Media
        18-Oct Phoenix Pictures
        18-Oct United Talent Agency
        18-Oct Village Roadshow

Comment

Good luck with the pitching! Looks like you lined up some great companies.

Comment

I would love to hear any post conference feedback!

I'm not going this year. I just started working on the SP ideas, so I'm just not prepared yet to do anything there but wander around - not that there's anything wrong with that. But I will go next year for sure and I would love to hear feedback from this year.

Good luck with your pitches!

Comment

Originally posted by workNit View Post
              I would love to hear any post conference feedback!

I'm not going this year. I just started working on the SP ideas, so I'm just not prepared yet to do anything there but wander around - not that there's anything wrong with that. But I will go next year for sure and I would love to hear feedback from this year.

Good luck with your pitches!
              As a first timer this year, I'll definitely share my two cents afterwards.

Comment

Working...
              X