2009 PAGE Awards winners announced in 30 hours.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 PAGE Awards winners announced in 30 hours.

From Zoe Tweets:

"All decisions made! Our 2009 Winners announced mid-day tomorrow. Will tweet when our special Awards Ceremony is online. Good luck to all!!"

Don't miss the Award Ceremony. Last year the ceremony included a funny animated envelope-opening ritual. Switch your speakers on, their website will about become alive.

M.

Re: 2009 PAGE Awards winners announced in 30 hours.

Is their website the only place to watch it? Judging by how the second round, semi-finalists, and finalists announcements went, I'm not sure their website can handle the traffic...

Comment

Jakkal! I thought the same thing!

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to throw up.

Hey M...you never told us what category/screenplay yours is?? I think you and Why One are the only ones who haven't said????
      HL

Comment

Sure, HLT.

Luckily, I'm still in with an historical script that didn't make it past the semis last year.

M.

Comment

there's some irony in her saying all the decisions are made, and then wishing us good luck, no?

of course, if you believe in the whole schroedinger's cat paradox, then i guess it almost works...

but, what the hay... good luck, y'all!

Comment

I see you now, M.
            Good luck to you, and all the other DD'ers!
            HL

Comment

Originally posted by joe78 View Post
              if you believe in the whole schroedinger's cat paradox, then i guess it almost works...
              Geeks unite!

I didn't even know what schroedinger's cat was until very recently when I did some research on quantum mechanics for a movie idea I was kneading around.

And now it shows up in a post about a screenplay contest.

Like learning a new word - it's gonna be everywhere. Hilarious.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Best of luck, guys. Hope to see your names in one of those envelopes.

Comment

To all my new friends and the other DDers still in this thing....BEST OF LUCK!

(cue soothing classical music)

And no matter what happens I'd like to think we're further along the writing path than we were a year ago and at least that's something....

...what am I saying? I wanna win this f#cking thing!!!

LOL!...seriously tho guys and gals...all the best and keep up the good work! Nothing but love!

-J

Comment

I said it before. I'll be a touch miffed if a DD'r doesn't take home ye olde grand prize. Best of luck everyone. You did a great job even if you don't win.

Comment

Originally posted by JKB View Post
                      Geeks unite!

I didn't even know what schroedinger's cat was until very recently when I did some research on quantum mechanics for a movie idea I was kneading around.

Good luck everyone!
                      At first I thought Joe was making a joke/reference but after reading your post I'm not so sure.

Would hate to burst your bubble but you might wanna check the last finalist in theThriller/Horror category http://pageawards.com/2009-finalists/

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
                      Jakkal! I thought the same thing!

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to throw up.

Relax, HLT, there's still 20 more hours of misery, have you learned nothing from effective storytelling? Escalation is everything.

You should start with some spine-tingling shivers around now. Maybe some hyperventilation in a couple of hours followed by dizziness and disorientation several hours after that. Nausea shouldn't hit until at least 8 hours before the announcement. If you start at the top, you have nowhere to escalate

Best of luck to everyone still in it! Hope one of the DDers takes the big one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkal View Post
                        Would hate to burst your bubble but you might wanna check the last finalist in theThriller/Horror category http://pageawards.com/2009-finalists/
                        There it is again!

And don't worry - no bubble to burst. I'm not building a movie around that concept. Although I'd be curious to see how someone else did. The theory does involve a (potentially) dead cat.

I was more interested in quantum entanglement, spin and a couple of other concepts. So nobody touch those - THEY'RE MINE!

Comment

Geeks unite!

Good luck everyone!

Check out the One-on-One thread "Wow."

Some good **** in there.

Comment

There it is again!

And don't worry - no bubble to burst. I'm not building a movie around that concept. Although I'd be curious to see how someone else did. The theory does involve a (potentially) dead cat.

I was more interested in quantum entanglement, spin and a couple of other concepts. So nobody touch those - THEY'RE MINE!
                            WHOOSH!

That's the sound of those concepts flying over my head I do like physics, especially the whole time-space stuff, just haven't gotten around to doing further reading on it yet. That and my scripts usually lean towards less sciency more human stories (course, that doesn't mean I don't have the occasional hitman/vampire in them )

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                            Check out the One-on-One thread "Wow."

Some good **** in there.
                            /Agree. Those are some trippy, trippy pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                              Best of luck, guys. Hope to see your names in one of those envelopes.
                              Hey, aren't you still in the running, too, Why? What's your category/title?

Comment

Working...
                              X