No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update On The Scriptshadow Contest

Hey guys,

I know I haven't been around for awhile. It used to be whenever I had a few spare minutes (or hours) I'd come over here and comb through the latest threads. Now when I have a few minutes, I'm always working on ways to improve Scriptshadow, and as a result, I've neglected the greatness that is this board.

I wanted to give you a little update on the Scriptshadow Contest. After the contest, Geoff LaTulippe read the top three scripts (if you remember - one of the prizes was that Geoff would give notes on the top 3), and was pretty taken by "Cylinder," Jared Romero's 2nd place script. So much so that he sent it to his agent at Gersh, who also liked it so much that she signed Jared! They're now putting together a strategy to go out with the script, and with any luck, maybe, just maybe, another Done Dealer will have a sale.

As for the other two scripts, Aaron is currently rewriting "The Translation" per Geoff's notes so he can give the script to Mike Le's contact at UTA, and as some of you already noticed, I'm pushing Cy's 3rd place script on Scriptshadow, trying to find her an agent, and hopefully an option or sale. Thanks again to this great community. Couldn't do it without you guys.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: Update On The Scriptshadow Contest

This community is not complete without you, Wilson. So please stop by whenever you have some free time.

Thanks for the updates.
    Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
    Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Who's Wilson?
      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Carson,

Did you check out the Death Note script i found

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g3rwun

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptShadow View Post
          Geoff was pretty taken by "Cylinder," Jared Romero's 2nd place script. So much so that he sent it to his agent at Gersh, who also liked it so much that she signed Jared!
          Awesome! Congrats Jared, and thanks to Carson and Geoff for their support and generosity. Very cool, guys. Cheers.
          "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
          - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

That's great news!

Comment

Thanks for the update, and please remember to stop in and visit your old DoneDeal friends more often!

Congratulations Jared! I expect big things from all of the top 3, my money is on all of them ending up repped before long.

It was a great contest, and a lot of fun for all involved.

Comment

+1 to you guys for being generous with your time + congrats Jared and Aaron!
                Last edited by beejay; 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

How amazing is that?! Both the success and the support. Congrats to those involved.

And thanks for the update, I was curious.

Comment

I have my loglines and dollar bills ready...when does the next dance start?
                    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                    Dave Barry

Comment

Wow! It's incredible, Wilson. All of your hard work is paying off in a big way for your contest toppers. Thanks again for all you do!

Comment

Yup, this is really incredible. I missed the contest, and now I'm really bummed that I did. Next time, I jump - quick. Already got some loglines ready for the logline contest.

Congrats Jared and Aaron!

And Wilson - you're a machine. When do you hire an assistant?

Comment

Carson and Geoff are two gentlemen of enormous generosity. Ditto too to Mike & Omar and anyone else involved that I haven't had personal contact with.

I've entered a bunch of contests over the years. Most with big sponsors, big names, big promises. Even won a couple.

None of those ever landed me an agent.

Because most, IMO, are simply self-satisfying for the people running it. Provides them with a job and income. It's a business.

But The Scriptshadow Contest - pure altruism. Carson did a ton of work and got no money for it. Just something to give back to the DDP community.

That's pretty flipping awesome.

So I'm pretty stoked and thankful. Thanks for the well wishes all, and rooting for Aaron & Cy!

- Jared

Comment

Fantastic news! I knew this contest would pay off for some lucky writers....I just wish it was me. Congrats all around!

Comment

Carson rules!

Gives great script notes. Thanks for the feedback on HORROR COMIC!
                              "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X