X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EXPO DD'r Meetup?

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
    I don't drink. When is happy hour?
    It's normally considered 5-7. Basically after you get out of the drudgery of the office, and before you return to the drudgery of family life. Hence the name.

Comment

Point Moorea sounds great. let's say 5-7. I'll be there, though i technically don't get off work UNTIL 7. Don't run off too early then eh?

Comment

if the Expo has decent turnout, that bar is the bar in the hotel where we're all staying.

shouldn't be too crowded.

"happy hour" has been age 12 - 35 for me. no restrictions on actual time.

cheers.
        a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

We are sitting at Rockbottom Brewery at DIA...we/I will be there as close to 5 as possible.

Comment

It might take me a bit longer to get there..I'll be in my Denver broncos shirt ( just incase we have trouble finding out who's who.

Comment

One more thing. A group of us animators get together every Friday for movies and dinner. If any of you are interested, we're going to see WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE at the Grove theater in Los Angeles.

http://www.thegrovela.com/theatre.html

Showtime is 8:00 so buy your tickets online beforehand if you're interested.

Comment

So Point Moorea between 5 and 7. Cool. I'll be wearing the snazzy green and white J.C. Pennys shirt.

Comment

Dang. I was there from about 5:30 to 8 pm. No one showed. or if they did they didn't know what i looked like. Well, the movie invite for tomorrow still stands. Though I'm sure most of you will prefer to go to the expo parties

Comment

I popped in around 6:30 asked a few tables of people if they were DD folks... but they all looked at me like I was an alien. : It probably would have helped to have real names to ask for.

Comment

Dunno how you could have missed me with my Denver Broncos shirt and cap LOL

Comment

....and there were two of us looking! Gosh, don't know either hombre. Sorry about that.

Comment

LOL! you peeps forget that there's a reason why posters don't really identify themselves.

however, a few years ago while at the expo someone yelled, "NikeeGoddess" in the crowd... and i stood up. that's how it you gotta do it.

btw - i'm not there this year.

Comment

That was me.
                            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Working...
                            X