Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKee NY Story Seminar

Any DDrs going to the Robert McKee Story Seminar in New York October 22 -25? Thought maybe we could swap scripts now and then hash 'em out over beers after the seminar. Just a suggestion...

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Re: McKee NY Story Seminar

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
    Any DDrs going to the Robert McKee Story Seminar in New York October 22 -25? Thought maybe we could swap scripts now and then hash 'em out over beers after the seminar. Just a suggestion...

I'm not going to the seminar but I'm only an hour from NYC and I could easily drop in for some back 'n forth, especially if there is beerage involved.

Comment

God help you if you use voice over in your work, my friend. God help you. It's flaccid, sloppy writing.
      love Brian Cox doing McKee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VseQe4TFsg

Comment

@BJ: That is fvcking great, thanks. I gotta watch 'Adaptation' again before I leave for the seminar. I only saw it once in the theater. Guess I'll hafta put some effort into coming up with a good question to ask.

@Callingit: PM me the logline to the script you would want to workshop.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

@callingit: Sorry I dropped the ball on that. It turns out I'm pretty booked up while in the city.

FYI all: McKee's lecture is amazing. I feel like he's really speaking to me. Favorite (paraphrased) line from today:

"The only original part of a feature film is created by the writer. Everything else is interpretive... Hand a director 120 blank white pages and say, 'You write the fvckin' script, Jack!' See how he reacts."

I highly recommend the Story Seminar for any writer of any medium. I've never read his book, but I will now. Also he said he's cutting it back to just 2 U.S. appearances per year starting in 2010.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

I would have went if I knew about it sooner. Only a 2 hour drive for me.

Comment

MontanaHans: my apologies to you. personal events made it impossible for me to be in NYC this week. We will meet up in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X