• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin Second Round Notes

Originally posted by carcar View Post
    Haven't gotten mine yet.
    What?! No way!

Let me know when you do get 'em. I'm curious as to how your scoring went. An opportunity for a parallel observation of how the AFF scoring system works, y'know?

--Skot

Comment

Haven't received mine yet, either ... got the "accidental" email with first/second round notes, but not yet the finalist email that's supposed to show scoring from the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Skotc View Post
        What?! No way!

Let me know when you do get 'em. I'm curious as to how your scoring went. An opportunity for a parallel observation of how the AFF scoring system works, y'know?

--Skot

Hey, Skot, my second-round scores were 9's on dialogue, originality and structure but 6's on both character and plot.

Which blew my f'in mind because every person who's read my script has loved the characters and the life behind them, including the first-round judge at Austin. they've also dug the 'new twist, old story' on the plot. a mind boggling comment from the second round judge:

"The script is clearly and overtly written by a male. the two women take on an agressive male role and I'm not sure that's central to their own independence."

Like any other contest or company, the read and scores are purely subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by callingit View Post
          "The script is clearly and overtly written by a male. the two women take on an agressive male role and I'm not sure that's central to their own independence."
          That'll teach you to stop including photographs of your penis in the script.
          Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by callingit View Post
            Whaat? From this response alone, it sounds like a Tarantino film. All the girls talk and act like guys in those-- it's his ouvre. Strange judgement, whiff of outside bias.

All the semis and finalists had the names of the authors obscured, right? From what we learned afterward about our entry, one of the final judges and his wife read it and they had a heated discussion as to the gender of the authors. I don't think they figured it out 'til the Producer's Book came out.

Comment

I won't quote the whole thing, but this was my favorite line from my feedback: "Handles God, puke, family and romance equally well."

I'm going to put that on the poster.

Comment

When did you get your feedback, carcar? I didn't get mine yet.

Comment

I emailed Alex. Got it last week.

Comment

okay, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X