No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D Squares in Austin

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
    That's still better than my trip to Austin last year, getting arrested at the airport.
    I want to hear about that!

Comment

I had a pocket knife in my laptop bag, forgot about it, took the laptop bag as a carry on, and got nailed in security as a potential terrorist threat. They actually asked me a bunch of questions about my intentions with the weapon, whether or not I planned on using it during the flight, and so on.

Luckily, I had gotten to the airport early enough to get through questioning, pay bail/bond in the amount of "How much cash do you have on you right now?" and make my flight with moments to spare. Unfortunately, this shady bail/bond procedure wiped out all the spending money I brought for the week, so I ended up bumming snacks off of people I met at the festival and eating like a madman at the parties with food. One particularly nice person took pity on me and loaned me $100, but then I lost his business card on the return trip and haven't been able to repay him. (If this person is someone who posts here, please let me know.) The fines and court costs also negated all the careful planning I had done to keep my trip as cheap as possible.

On the upside, the whole affair was a pretty good conversation starter.

Comment

Great story!

Comment

Working...
        X