Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptshadow Logline Contest

Uhhh, what are you guys waiting for? It's totally free. Here are the rules... Scriptshadow Logline Contest.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: Scriptshadow Logline Contest

Critters

A sexual deviant pays big bucks for the chance to join an inter-dimensional hunting safari with the goal of having sex with as many exotic creatures as possible - but he's about to Fvck with the wrong critters!

That's just an example incase any of you don't know what a good logline looks like.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Looks good!

A few questions.

I will announce the Top 100 loglines on the site.

This can be taken a few ways.
      You're going to post the actual loglines on the site?
      Or the names of the people with the best loglines?

Some people will choose NOT to have their loglines on the site
      based on the previous discussion—fearing whatever those people fear, theft, etc.

Maybe you could do loglines + name + contact email? Otherwise, the writers derive
      zero benefit from unleashing their logline in the wild. knowhatimean.

• Can a writer pull their script at any time in the process — for example,
      if we gain representation and the contest doesn't fit in with what the rep wants to do.

• When you review the script, there's an expectation that the pdf will be posted,
      but the winner could choose NOT to have it posted. Yeah?

to post or not to post, would depend on whether the writer wants to be a guinea pig.

Comment

ScriptShadow sighting!
        Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
        Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Aim... Ready... BANG! Got 'em. Since you called it, you can have his head for your mantel, Tony.
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I'm killing him with kindness instead: Go loglines!

Though, I am starting to believe that my blog is his and Kristy's blogs' bitch.
            Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
            Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Comment

Yes, the actual loglines, as well as the writer's name, will be posted on the site. People can pull their scripts at any time.
              Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptShadow View Post
                Yes, the actual loglines, as well as the writer's name, will be posted on the site. People can pull their scripts at any time.
                Cool. I'm running low on ideas to pitch in meetings. Could use a few more.

I jest, and I understand your motives, but I'd caution anyone with anything remotely resembling a high-concept to stay well away. I can't, in any shape or form, imagine how having it posted on a website predominately frequented by aspiring writers could be a good thing. (ETA: for them. I can certainly see how it makes for a better blog post.)
                twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

I'm going to have to go against your suggestion and send in a logline for a script I have only just started. It does me well to have the immenence of potential reads to get my ass in chair. How the f*ck do you think I somehow managaged to finish in time for the Nicholl's (and lose)?

If I somehow do well with my logline and I move on, I will have until January 11th to get you my script. That's two and a half months. I think that's doable.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

I don't think people stealing ideas will really be a problem.

Here's mine-

Creatures

A deviant gourmet pays big bucks for the chance to join an inter-dimensional hunting safari with the goal of eating as many exotic creatures as possible - but he's about to Fvck with the wrong creatures!

That's just an example incase any of you don't know what a good logline looks like.
                    "Only nothing is impossible."
                    - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                      I'm going to have to go against your suggestion and send in a logline for a script I have only just started. It does me well to have the immenence of potential reads to get my ass in chair. How the f*ck do you think I somehow managaged to finish in time for the Nicholl's (and lose)?

If I somehow do well with my logline and I move on, I will have until January 11th to get you my script. That's two and a half months. I think that's doable.
                      Same here. I was disappointed when Carson said he was going to change the contest to only allow loglines for completed scripts, but this is more than enough time to finish a draft. Last year I used the Nicholl deadline to finish a first draft in less than two weeks. It takes me forever to get going, but with a fire under my ass I'll get it done yesterday.

I've gotta say, though, I'm surprised he's reading the top 25 scripts. That's still a full quarter of what he read for the last contest. I would've thought he would want to narrow it down to maybe 10 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                        I don't think people stealing ideas will really be a problem.

Here's mine-

Creatures

A deviant gourmet pays big bucks for the chance to join an inter-dimensional hunting safari with the goal of eating as many exotic creatures as possible - but he's about to Fvck with the wrong creatures!

Ha! Bravo.
                        twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post

Same here. I think the story I'm outlining now is better Carson-bait than anything I've written so far. And I need deadlines so entering this can only help.

Though I really don't like the idea of my logline being posted on "Carson's Favorite 100 Ideas (to Steal)" list.

Comment

By the way, if anyone wants help with their logline, you can of course post it on the Loglines and Query Letters forum... but, if for whatever reason you don't want it public yet, feel free to PM me for feedback/advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X