No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats Carcar!

Hey Caroline,

Howzit girl?! John Harden here, the other half of the "Sensitivity Program" team. I see Skot beat me here. I recently finished reading "Eight Knights" - I was on jury duty for two weeks, and read it during the plentiful breaks. I first thought to write you an email about it, but since I had nothing but nice things to say, I thought I'd heap praise on you here in a public forum. Hopefully you can take it!

What a great read! I described it to Skot as a "ready-to-shoot romcom." It's pretty damn near perfect. You introduced a large cast of characters and quickly made them distinct and memorable. Your left hand is tidy and concise but never terse. The tone was great. I laughed out loud, I got teary-eyed... my fellow jurors probably thought I was crazy. It actually helped make jury duty (a pretty stressful experience) bearable. I'm giving it to my wife Sheila to read next! Congratulations!

Best,

-John
    John Harden
    www.johnfilms.com

Comment

Wishing you the best, and for the successes to keep on rolling in.

Comment

Boy, there's nothing like lavish praise coming from out of the blue to put a nice button on the end of the year for me. Especially whilst being mired in the doldrums of the winter break/lull. God, I wish you were an agent or manager or producer. Thanks! (I have to admit, behind on my reading. I owe you! Painting my living room to keep my mind off the phone, but now that I'm literally watching paint dry, I'm hoping to catch up.)

Sooo, John, any news for you and Skot?

And thanks to everyone.

Comment

Kudos!

Comment

Nice job, now go get sold and tell us stuff about celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by carcar View Post
              Sooo, John, any news for you and Skot?
              I wish. We are also in weird limbo, sitting on our hands whilst IMPORTANT PEOPLE read our latest draft. Or more likely, ignore our latest draft since it's Thanksgiving/Hannukah/Xmas/New Year's. Trying to remain confident that someone will emerge from the holiday inertia in early January and remember how excited they were about The Sensitivity Program.

Happy New Year!! Any resolutions?
              Last edited by johnharden; 12-30-2009, 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
              John Harden
              www.johnfilms.com

Comment

Huge congrats, carcar. Hope it works out for you!

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                X