No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ScriptShadow Top 100 Loglines is UP

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
    I thought he flat-out said he picked one of them on the chance that the script would be brilliantly written.
    Here, I found his quotes.

Carson on UNTITLED:

This is that one exception to my "too vague" rule I stated above. It's definitely not a traditional logline, but there's something in it that appeals to me. I like the idea of a techy computer guy losing his job and having to work in the most unlikely of places - a health food company. Seems like it could be a "fish out of water" coming-of-age story. But yes, I definitely took a chance on this one. Don't let me down Jahi!
    Carson on the choices in general:

Quick reminder. I know these aren't all "proper" loglines. If this was a contest on creating the technically perfect logline, a good 60 of these would be different. But in the end, it was about writing something that made me want to read the script. That by far trumped everything.
    I couldn't find any specific comments he made about MO MUSHI.

Comment

It's technically NOT a 'logline contest.' The loglines just was a handy way of quickly going from 1,000 to 100 entries. Then it becomes a first ten pages/synopsis contest. Then for the final 25 it's a screenplay competition.

Efficient way to run a contest.

You can visit the other ScriptShadow contests here. Thrillers do well with Carson. Comes down to the script though, of course. Would be interesting to read the 10 loglines for the alternates.
      "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm sure I'm waaaaaaaaaay to late to this board, but I did actually get in.

Though it seems that "only a handful were good" by everyones standards here, but to be honest, I'm just stoked to be one of two people that had a family movie and got in. Plus people have been facebooking me and linkedin(ing?) me from different places, so just being in has given me a small (if miniscule) amount of exposure. So I'm happy to be in even if no one likes it my logline...
        To which I then say in the words of Frank Caliendo doing Pacino:
        NANNY FRICKIN BOO BOO.

Title: Double or Nothing
        Writer: MEEEEEEEEEEEE
        Genre: Family Comedy
        Logline: After losing his job, a father drags his family across the country to secretly compete on a game show to save the family from going bankrupt.
        http://scripteatingtree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Link64 View Post
          I'm sure I'm waaaaaaaaaay to late to this board, but I did actually get in.

Though it seems that "only a handful were good" by everyones standards here, but to be honest, I'm just stoked to be one of two people that had a family movie and got in. Plus people have been facebooking me and linkedin(ing?) me from different places, so just being in has given me a small (if miniscule) amount of exposure. So I'm happy to be in even if no one likes it my logline...
          To which I then say in the words of Frank Caliendo doing Pacino:
          NANNY FRICKIN BOO BOO.

Title: Double or Nothing
          Writer: MEEEEEEEEEEEE
          Genre: Family Comedy
          Logline: After losing his job, a father drags his family across the country to secretly compete on a game show to save the family from going bankrupt.
          I like this one!

It jumped out at me back when i read all the loglines. Has a LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE vibe to it that might appeal to a lot of people.

Good luck with it.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Monday is the announcement for the finals!

Good luck 2 all!
            "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X