Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TwoAdverbs Logline Contest

Announcing the finalists in one week -- Thanksgiving Eve.

Anyone give this a shot?
    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Re: TwoAdverbs Logline Contest

yup. good luck to all.
    If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

As a finalist last year, along with seh and Adam612, it was A LOT of FUN!

Those that missed out MISSED OUT ON SOMETHING PRETTY BIG. AND FREE.

EJ

Comment

How many people enter this?
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
            CE doesn't kiss and tell with the final numbers. But I'm sure lots of folks did who are cross-posters from DD and 2A.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
              CL doesn't give out that info for some reason...

Not very many I would imagine. I don't think 2A gets as much traffic as other sites.

I entered last yr but didn't make the cut. I have what i think is a much more commercial idea entered this yr. This contest is geared more toward the HW market-- what industry folks are really looking for.

If you haven't already entered it's too late. All you can do is monitor & maybe learn from what the pros have to say about the various loglines. There is pretty good feedback on the thread. It's always educational.

Good luck to those who entered.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Slight thread derail here, but does anybody know why they insist upon non yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts to sign up?
                "Only nothing is impossible."
                - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                  Slight thread derail here, but does anybody know why they insist upon non yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts to sign up?
                  It's got something to do with real email addresses=real people instead of anonymous posters with generic email accounts.

About the logline contest from CL's blog....

At twoadverbs.com, we're in the midst of another logline contest, something we started there many years ago (in a slightly different format). The contest goes like this: Writers send in their loglines and a panel of preliminary judges picks the ten best of the bunch. The ten are posted in the twoadverbs interactive forum for members to vote on their favorite.

The top three are presented to an industry panel of producers, agents and managers (my friends and whoever I might bump into in the hallway or throughout town). The logline with the most votes wins. The announcement is made on Christmas Eve.

There is no entry fee, of course, and the contest was created as a way to celebrate all the hard work and writing done throughout the year and to offer up some good lessons too.

The "prize- is a feedback & networking frenzy, where the winner will get a year's subscription to trackingb.com (to keep up on what's happening in the script world) and will have his script read by screenwriting pros Jay Simpson (ARMORED), Ryan Condal (GALAHAD), Jeff Morris (THE TRUE MEMOIRS OF AN INTERNATIONAL ASSASSIN) and twoadverbs webmaster and filmmaker Jacinthe Dessureault (DOG TRAINING) - all for feedback. I'll also provide a phone conference for the winner to discuss his script along with other ideas he might have and answer general questions about the biz.

Also, Adam Levenberg will offer up his inimitable feedback for all three finalists. Adam is a former student of mine, who I set on his path to knowledge many years ago. He has a great understanding of material and the business.

The ten finalists will be posted on Wednesday November 25th, when the polls open. They close on December 9th. You can join twoadverbs (for free) by visiting the home page and clicking on "new user" at the top right hand corner of the screen.

Comment

That top prize is an amazing opportunity. Six days to go to see if any DDers are in the running.
                    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Darn, I just missed it! I should really pay more attention to what's going on in the outside world...

good luck to all who entered!

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
                        CL doesn't give out that info for some reason...

Not very many I would imagine. I don't think 2A gets as much traffic as other sites.
                        They don't get any repeat traffic because the site design is so godawful. A four column layout with blue text (?!) Uggh. It's too bad, because they seem to have some decent content. But who could be bothered to sift through the terrible design to find it.
                        "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                        - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

I did mention that they email blast all users to make them aware of the contest (and what a great contest it is) but due to technical terms, that wasn't possible, which is a shame.

Still, makes even more sense to keep checking in on the site right? lol.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
                            They don't get any repeat traffic because the site design is so godawful. A four column layout with blue text (?!) Uggh. It's too bad, because they seem to have some decent content. But who could be bothered to sift through the terrible design to find it.

I had the same reaction when I first visited the site. I thought the layout was terrible. I kept wondering why they never improved it.

Turns out they like it that way. They want it to stay small. It's to minimize the trolls & flame wars that go on other sites. If you're serious about learning the craft & getting a career going, then you're welcome.

I've been a member since Dec of 2006. EJ, seh, Joe9alt, LIMAMA and other DD regulars are also members.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I've been a member for years (under a different name), long before I found DD, but traffic is so slow I forget it's there. When I do visit, I don't feel right commenting because even the newest threads are old by the time I see them.

I wish I'd known about the contest, though. It must have happened while I wasn't looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X