Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking PitchFest advice

I live in the Midwest and plan on attending one PitchFest in 2010. I have several questions, for anyone willing/able to help.

If you were in my situation (living in the Midwest), and could only attend one PitchFest in 2010, which one would you attend?

What should I expect?

What research will help me in perfecting my pitch?

Any other information or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Seeking PitchFest advice

Go to the Screenwriters Expo. Probably not the best pitchfest, but you can take classes and seminars in-between from people that really work in the industry.

Comment

hands down, the great american pitchfest is the best
      http://www.pitchfest.com/
      it's something like $250 - saturday classes all day, sunday pitches all day. you can pitch as many times as you can fit in which for most aggressive people is 20 or more. and there's the luncheon and after party where you can literally rub elbows with producers, managers, and agents.

develop a "one-sheet" to hand out with your pitches.

practice pitching and know your story well enough that if they interrupt you and ask questions that it doesn't throw you for a second.

pitch to people as if your script is not your script but a fantastic movie that you just saw. if they get into it and ask you where you saw it or it is available on dvd then you have a winner. if you pitch it as a script that you just wrote your friends may not be honest about their enthusiasm because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

Comment

I am flying halfway across the world for the Great American Pitchfest this summer.

Will they discredit my pitch due to my accent? Or should I try to speak more American?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsinogatorp Eht View Post
          Will they discredit my pitch due to my accent?
          Only if it's so thick they can't understand a word you say.

No, I think if you have a killer pitch and great interpersonal skills they won't care.

Edited to add: Just make sure you use American terms for things. Trunk, not Boot, and so on. (Depending on where you're from)

Comment

Originally posted by Tsinogatorp Eht View Post
            I am flying halfway across the world for the Great American Pitchfest this summer.

Will they discredit my pitch due to my accent? Or should I try to speak more American?
            no matter what country people are from or what language you speak they all phuck the same. it's execution that matters. same goes for storytelling.

Comment

Working...
            X