Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ's Script Co-operative

Born out of Pink Zinfandel, revenge and jealousy, my lil script co-operative keeps chugging along. For a group that's been together less than a year, our members haven't done too shabby in the Two Adverbs contest. One member even secured representation---and a real rep it is, not some wannabe working out of his apartment. And with scripts that were workshopped! And they even took our suggestions, well, some of them anyway. But we're not sore. Okay, just a little.

So for a limited time (until January 2nd), we're opening the vault to new victims, I mean, members. We want to start the new year off with a bang! If you're interested (and if you wrote me before, write me again so I know you're still interested, as I suffer from long term memory loss due to excessive eating of Munchkins), shoot me five pages. If they grab me, you're in.

pjmac56 at yahoo.com
    Last edited by LIMAMA; 12-27-2009, 06:35 AM. Reason: me
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: PJ's Script Co-operative

Expect an email from moi in about...two minutes.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Only posted earlier today, and already the sheep are rolling in for slaughter. Honest feedback at an affordable price...FREE. We'll tear your script apart, but we'll do it with love.

Comment

We'll tear your script apart, but we'll do it with love.

You better get that copyrighted and trademarked.

R.O.T.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
          You better get that copyrighted and trademarked.

R.O.T.
          Reminds me of that line from Hellraiser: "We'll tear your soul apart."

Comment

I've been a member of PJ's co-op for almost twenty-five years, and I've never had a better experience. My once dreadful F-game has now been elevated to a nasty A-game, and I can only get better, thanks to the help of fellow members. If you want to take the next step in your screenwriting career, but you're too cheap to pay anyone for help, we're here to offer encouragement and criticism in equal measure. So send in those pages for a coveted spot in PJ's Script Cooperative.

Here are some of what some of Hollywood's elite have had to say about it:

"PJ's Script Cooperative is the bee's knees." - Ben Hecht

"If I could only have one group of hungry screenwriters eye-balling my work, it'd be these lovable scamps." - Charles Brackett

"They're a swell bunch of guys and gals." - John Ford

"Get the hell away from me you **********, and bring me another bourbon! - John Huston

HH

(I'll forward you the account numbers, PJ. And hurry up. Rent's due.)

Comment

Originally posted by jamypac View Post
              Reminds me of that line from Hellraiser: "We'll tear your soul apart."
              Great minds think alike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCx2mTnVUgU&NR=1

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                I've been a member of PJ's co-op for almost twenty-five years, and I've never had a better experience. My once dreadful F-game has now been elevated to a nasty A-game, and I can only get better, thanks to the help of fellow members. If you want to take the next step in your screenwriting career, but you're too cheap to pay anyone for help, we're here to offer encouragement and criticism in equal measure. So send in those pages for a coveted spot in PJ's Script Cooperative.

Here are some of what some of Hollywood's elite have had to say about it:

"PJ's Script Cooperative is the bee's knees." - Ben Hecht

"If I could only have one group of hungry screenwriters eye-balling my work, it'd be these lovable scamps." - Charles Brackett

"They're a swell bunch of guys and gals." - John Ford

"Get the hell away from me you **********, and bring me another bourbon! - John Huston

HH

(I'll forward you the account numbers, PJ. And hurry up. Rent's due.)
                LOL! You forgot the quotes from Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                  LOL! You forgot the quotes from Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
                  Yeah, but how many produced screenplays did Shakespeare ever write? None.

Go back to your ivory tower, Shakespeare!

Comment

For some reason I'm having trouble downloading the pages people have sent to my Yahoo account, so from here on out, anyone interested please contact me at

pmcilvaine @ aol.com

And for those folks who already submitted, don't worry, I've forwarded all the e-mails to that account and am looking forward to a shitload of reading.

Comment

Thanks for doing this, PJ, you'll get my five pages today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                        Thanks for doing this, PJ, you'll get my five pages today.
                        Great! I must say of the pages I've read so far, I'm very happy.

Comment

I sent you an e-mail to the yahoo account by mistake. Would you like me to resend it to the other e-mail?

Comment

Hey PJ

Just to check - should I have sent you my "best" work (i.e. as a sample) or the project I want to work on? Which is NOT my best work?

I sent some really early pages of something that is pretty raw, but now I'm thinking I should have sent you a sample instead - just to get through he gate.

(Did I mention the stuff I sent you was REALLY raw? )

Nic
                            sigpic

Website
                            Tweets
                            Book

Comment

I'm having the same dilemma. My most "finished" screenplay is the very first one I ever wrote, since I haven't been at this too long. The newer ones are in flux and the first five pages aren't very polished since I'm not even sure they'll stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X