Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a treatment contest work?

Since it says do not reply to the posts in the Announcements forum, I am posting it here.

This link -- http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=54620

How are treatments evaluated against other treatments? Are there other contests that do this as well? How can you get coverage on a treatment (There's an extra 10$ fee). Also, are they planning on doing an Outline Competition as well?

Re: How does a treatment contest work?

No idea. Guess the winner is the one which suggests it'd make the best screenplay.
    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

And what's the point of it? Other than 1k and a copy of FD8?

It's not like you can go running to a producer or a rep(s) with excitment exclaiming I WON THIS CONTEST AND MY TREATMENT ROCKS!

Nobody is going to want to read a treatment from a newbie without you previously having written something that's got their interest.

It really is a waste of time and money IMO, like most contests it seems.

EJ

Comment

a month ago that company (6th borough) posted a screenplay comp. the prize was stupid. they're just fishing for money. it sounds ridiculous.

Comment

It seems like an organic prize would be to help the writer develop the script. Hmmm? That might be an interesting way to help a writer who has a really strong concept. Would people like a contest or category for treatments where the prize is cash and then 30 hours of notes (maybe even from managers) and follow up in helping the writer complete 4-5 drafts until it's polished?

Also, what do people think about a scene writing contest? I think that could be cool. I am looking forward to the Short Short category of scripts under 3 pages.

Peace,
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mercurio View Post
            It seems like an organic prize would be to help the writer develop the script. Hmmm? That might be an interesting way to help a writer who has a really strong concept. Would people like a contest or category for treatments where the prize is cash and then 30 hours of notes (maybe even from managers) and follow up in helping the writer complete 4-5 drafts until it's polished?

Also, what do people think about a scene writing contest? I think that could be cool. I am looking forward to the Short Short category of scripts under 3 pages.

Peace,
            Jim
            but it makes no sense to have a full script contest one month prior to the treatment contest.

anyhoo jim check this out http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=54599
            watch the youtube video

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
              but it makes no sense to have a full script contest one month prior to the treatment contest.

watch the youtube video
              If I did one, it would be as part of the Champion Competition next year, but I am wondering if that would be somethiing people would want. Scene writing or treatment writing? Also does the prompt paradigm work best or would people rather just submit one of their favorite scenes from their script. I have been kicking around the scene idea for a while. Alot of my teching focuses on scene writing or scene-level craft.

Comment

i think the scene prompt puts everyone on an equal standing. that's how they do it on all the best competition reality shows.

there is a page one competition out there where you're judged on just the first page. that's a huge challenge. maybe an opening scene challenge (with a page max) would be good. or how about an opening scene and a final scene together?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post

watch the youtube video
                  ahhh this video drove me crazy... people should not eat and chew gum at the same time

Comment

Working...
                  X