Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Line of the Day

Comment Line X. “Despite a seemingly formulaic premise, this is miles better than the drivel too often in theaters passing for rom-coms. While making great use of the supporting characters, the dialogue is what sets this apart from other genre pieces.”

Greg, have all the scripts been read at least once now?

Thanks.
    Last edited by iggy; 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code.

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
      Greg, have all the scripts been read at least once now?
      Closing in on it but not there yet.

Comment

back on track --

Y. "Tender, intelligent, and skillfully written, all about the influence of character on character, this script epitomizes what drama is all about. The story lets us discover its people as they expose each other and face themselves. Their world is fully imagined, the source of many unexpected - and even so...

Z. "The characters are nicely developed, the action is exciting, the plot is inventive and fun! All in all, this is a rip roaring good time!!-

Comment

Comment Line A1. "One of the funniest scripts I've ever read. It's a story we've all seen before, but it's done in such an original way, it almost seems like we've never seen it before. The characters are wonderful and the dialogue is a hoot. If I were a sitcom producer, I'd hire this writer instantly.-
          seems there are lots of comedies this year...

Comment

Comment Line C1. "Strong, professional writing - action-packed, suspenseful story that just got better and better as it went along - complicated, intricate plot - really well worked out - with many strong twists and red herrings.-

Comment

Comment Line B1. "This script takes a true event and imagines the story behind the story. It's creative, well-crafted, and an engaging read. It also manages to avoid a common problem with period scripts by not overwhelming the reader with details.-

Finally one that sounds like it could be mine.
              Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

that is an awesome comment, so i hope it's you!!

Comment

that is a good comment EB. period pieces are tough. and some people thing they need to describe everything in detail so it looks like you may have got it right whether it was your script or not.

D1. ". . . the writer understands how to construct a scene... how to create a sense of tone... and more importantly, there's just real confidence in the way the writer describes things... it's not overwritten, it flows and makes the read much more enjoyable.-

Comment

I wonder if they will let writers know at the end of the contest, or their standing, if they had a note on the facebook page.

Would be kind of cool.
                    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

maybe. im guessing that's why greg labelled each comment line?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                        that is a good comment EB. period pieces are tough. and some people thing they need to describe everything in detail so it looks like you may have got it right whether it was your script or not.
                        Thanks. Although I could be delusional. Of course we could all be delusional. Damn delusions.
                        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Greg has stated over and over that the comments will never be linked to individual scripts.

The man is way more patient than anyone I have ever known over on that FB page. Apparently they can't locate the FAQ or rules page on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                            Greg has stated over and over that the comments will never be linked to individual scripts.

The man is way more patient than anyone I have ever known over on that FB page. Apparently they can't locate the FAQ or rules page on the internet.

You are right, Greg does have more patience than anyone I've seen in this business in a long time in answering these questions.

I have thought about asking him questions or directing posts at him in the past, but thought better of it because of the three lines of people he has to deal with on these boards.

1. Is filled with people asking FAQ's that could be easily answered by looking at Nicholl's website.

2. Is filled with baby (or otherwise) screenwriters who seem nothing more than sycophants with their gushing comments.

3. Is filled with readers who work in the industry, but who also secretly entered Nicholl and can't crack into the quarterfinals, and who trash the competition and anyone who does well in it.

So, instead of bugging Greg with mundane stuff, I'll wait until I have something pressing and marvel at his patience in dealing with the above.

Comment

Originally posted by cupertinoCA View Post
                              maybe. im guessing that's why greg labelled each comment line?
                              What's the purpose of the labels of F1, G1, etc? What does each stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by qualitycontrol View Post
                                What's the purpose of the labels of F1, G1, etc? What does each stand for?
                                Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X