Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Line of the Day

Comment Line Z1. "This clever script is executed with economy and skill. Moreover, the premise is potent in this writer's hands, with original and expansive possibilities. A riveting read I won't soon forget.-
    Reader reactions like Comment Z1 inspire me to push my writing farther with each story. Eventhough it is a 1/6250 chance the reader is talking about mine, I want it to be mine, either now or someday. I've been writing for 10 years and I'm not about to hit cruise-control. Thanks for the inspiration that hard work (whoever's it is) gets recognized.

Dig deep. Don't settle for the pyrite when the gold is still down there,
    rum

Comment

Comment Line E2. "Very few scripts actually manage to have a strong voice, so when I finally read one that does, I revel in it. And oh the revelling I did here.-

Comment Line F2. "The writer offers an original story and a unique voice, filling each page with vibrant dialogue and rich characterizations.-

Comment

some more...

Comment Line G2. "This script kicks ass in every way. The action sequences never stop yet the writer manages to make us understand the unsympathetic protagonist . . .. The structure is equally great - lean, character driven, with a ticking clock that's the next best thing to a bomb.-

Comment Line H2. "I've read many historical dramas over the last several years and the best ones find a way to make us feel we're getting an intimate look at the people involved, a window into their lives we wouldn't have otherwise. This is one of those scripts.-

Comment Line I2. "Loved absolutely everything about this script. It's beautifully written-tense, heartbreaking, funny, touching, dramatic, tragic...it's all in there, in perfect proportions. The characters are exquisitely rendered, warts and all.-

Comment Line J2. ". . . a funny concept that's carried out with a lot of heart, which turns out to be a great combination. . . . the characters and their relationships were unique, human and complicated in all the right ways, not to mention the fact that the humor worked because it came from character (and some very funny ones at that).-

Comment

another scifi

Comment Line K2. "Great use of sci-fi concepts. Story eases into them so everything's believable. Fresh, creative premise. Unpredictable. The rules are consistent and logical. . . . Confident, clear writing.-

Comment

another scifi

Quote:
            Comment Line K2. "Great use of sci-fi concepts. Story eases into them so everything's believable. Fresh, creative premise. Unpredictable. The rules are consistent and logical. . . . Confident, clear writing.-
            Jeez, I hope that's mine! But probably not. It mentions "logical."

*sigh*

Late Night Writer

Comment

it seems like there are lots of scifi & comedies this year... or more comments about them are posted to show us that nicholl isn't all about the dramas

Comment

Don't forget about the action scripts...

Comment

"This year, entries have come from all 50 states in the U.S., as well as from Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Uruguay."

Is this the Nicholl or the World Cup?

"People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

"This year, entries have come from all 50 states in the U.S., as well as...
                    damn! they didn't include me. i live in the US but not any of the 50 states.

oh well -- any comments now means you're in the running b/c they've been on their 2nd readings for a while now

Comment

Gordy Hoffman's gotta be pissed about that guy from Wyoming who submitted to Nicholl and not Bluecat.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                        damn! they didn't include me. i live in the US but not any of the 50 states.

oh well -- any comments now means you're in the running b/c they've been on their 2nd readings for a while now
                        If DC then I guess they just didn't include the district in the press release; over 20 entries from DC. After Puerto Rico, it doesn't look as if Guam or American Samoa, etc. made the list. We have had entries from various territories over the years but I'm not sure about 2010.

We had four entries from Wyoming.

Second reads put one in the running to receive a third read but a strong second read is not a guarantee of advancement to the quarterfinals. Over 850 scripts will have received third reads before the first round ends but only 300 or so scripts will advance to the quarterfinals.

Comment

Comment Line L2. ". . . complex, authentic characters and conflicts. . . . everything feels so real here that we are completely caught up in the story and the plight of the characters. Description is lean yet effective, and the dialogue is fluent.-
                          just a few more days to go guys

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                            If DC then I guess they just didn't include the district in the press release; over 20 entries from DC. After Puerto Rico, it doesn't look as if Guam or American Samoa, etc. made the list. We have had entries from various territories over the years but I'm not sure about 2010.

Second reads put one in the running to receive a third read but a strong second read is not a guarantee of advancement to the quarterfinals. Over 850 scripts will have received third reads before the first round ends but only 300 or so scripts will advance to the quarterfinals.
                            omg, that is scary

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                              wow! isn't that about 10% of the population there?

We have had entries from various territories over the years but I'm not sure about 2010.
                              what about that space that hovers above the earth?

Comment

It'd be cool if, as a consolation prize to quarterfinalists, or even semifinalists, who do not make the finals, Nicholl would give them a paragraph of reactions from readers.
                                Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X