Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Line of the Day

"Brilliant writing - great story - beautifully crafted - wonderful levity, often absolutely hilarious at just the right moments . . ."
    ahhh what a tease...

which one of you wrote this script??
    Last edited by cupertinoCA; 05-04-2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: Note: The title was supposed to say "Reader LINE of the Day"!!

Re: Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Life of the Day

Originally posted by cupertinoCA View Post
    ahhh what a tease...

which one of you wrote this script??
    It's mine, but I wrote it as a dark drama full of angst. Missed again.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
    Dave Barry

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure that was mine. All my scripts have brilliant writing, a great story with wonderful levity, and, no question about it, are often absolutely hilarious at just the right moments. Every single one of my scripts. Even the bad ones.

HH

Comment

I wish i was you HH.
        You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

Re: Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Line of the Day

"The pace is brisk, the visuals are solid and the action is well described. There are plenty of interesting twists here, and the writer cleverly manages to keep us surprised right up to the final reveal."
          Def not me here... no twists in my script

BTW, the title was supposed to say "Reader LINE of the Day"

Comment

Originally posted by cupertinoCA View Post
            BTW, the title was supposed to say "Reader LINE of the Day"
            Fixed.

Comment

I wish they posted the critical comments as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzy3113 View Post
                I wish they posted the critical comments as well.
                I'm not sure what good it would do you to read:

Poorly written, weak craft, no structure, barely a story, the story doesn't kick in until page 65, overwritten description, should be forty pages shorter, clumsy dialogue, no conflict, this writer has no clue, et cetera.

In past years I used to assemble critical reactions from the comments on only the semifinalist and finalist scripts. I think "not enough conflict" and structure problems of various sorts often topped the list of negative reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                  Poorly written, weak craft, no structure, barely a story, the story doesn't kick in until page 65, overwritten description, should be forty pages shorter, clumsy dialogue, no conflict, this writer has no clue, et cetera.
                  I was a bit worried for minute, but then remembered that in all my scripts, the story kicks in by page 50.
                  TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                    That's mine, too.

HH

Comment

On the day the reader says "Oh my god this script rocks so hard I want to marry this chick and have her babies," you'll know that one's mine.
                      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

love the new feature, Greg -- but maybe it would be helpful to see the critical, as well... to learn what not to do, and common mistakes writers make... It may even more instructive than the positive comments.

Comment

i think the "reader LINE of the day" should have it's own section. i don't want to sift through all those lame posts to find some obscure comment. the hunt turned me off. and if that "LINE" had some kind of hint as to which script it was people would be checking in on the regular waiting to see if their story get 15 minutes of fame.

Comment

I think there's worth in the negative comments, as long as they are constructive. It reminds people what they need to pay attention to. That said, it's about as useful as the postive comments, but I do enjoy reading those comments about my script that was entered

EJ

Comment

maybe one critical & one positive per day?

Comment

Working...
                              X