No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship: Reader Line of the Day

Originally posted by mariot View Post
    When the Nicholl sends out the quarterfinalist list do they include the screenplay's category (coming of age, thriller, sci-fi...) ?

I believe they only send out the title, not the genre.
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Comment Line T1. "Characters are oversized and vivid; action is abundant and robust. The writer has built a mystery that slowly is revealed; also develops relationships for and between the characters that contain unexpected twists.-
      i wonder when they are going to start posting comments from the second reads...

Comment

Originally posted by mariot View Post
        When the Nicholl sends out the quarterfinalist list do they include the screenplay's category (coming of age, thriller, sci-fi...) ?

Would this increase or decrease screenplay requests?
        The Nicholl list includes the following information:

Name
        Title
        Genre
        Contact Phone
        Contact Email

Don't know the answer to the second question. Probably is yes and no, depending upon a company's interests and the genre listed.

Originally posted by cupertinoCA View Post
        i wonder when they are going to start posting comments from the second reads...
        It was either yesterday or Saturday.

Second read comment lines will only be drawn from scripts that did not already have a comment line posted.

Comment

Thanks Greg!

Comment

The posting of reader comments on FB is great. Thanks for adding it, Greg. What I get a kick out of, and a trait I'll give a future character, is how many people claim especially great comments as surely their script, when insufficient information has been given to make any kind of identity.

Comment

i think the majority are just joking around...

Comment Line U1. "A heartbreakingly touching story that completely transcends its genre. It's remarkably spare and simply told, but it tells volumes about the human spirit . . . This is a special writer.-

Comment

I like the Rorschach quality of the FB posts. A good read. They take comments to a new level. Definitely the creme of the crop.

rum

Comment

Originally posted by ReoA View Post
                  The posting of reader comments on FB is great. Thanks for adding it, Greg. What I get a kick out of, and a trait I'll give a future character, is how many people claim especially great comments as surely their script, when insufficient information has been given to make any kind of identity.
                  with more specific information than most... W is definitely mine.

Comment

Comment Line V1. "This script and idea are cute, funny, fresh and original. The dialogue and the description pop, and the characters are wonderfully idiosyncratic, and each changes for the better through the course of the story. The sci-fi idea . . .-
                    who here writes sci-fi???

Comment

<cough>...but my characters aren't cute.

rum

PS: I do appreciate seeing the comments (my innate snarkiness aside). Some contests feel like your sending your work into a great void only to get a rejection letter spit back at you. Here at least you get to see that the readers have opinions and take note. Thanks Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by ReoA View Post
                        I think hope is a good thing, so when I see writers saying at the Nicholl Facebook page "That might be mine!", I think its kind of cool.

In that vein, E1 might (notice the operative word there, "might") be mine.

And, it sounds like we will never know for sure.
                        sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Did any of last year's winners get repped or anything?
                          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I write cute sci-fi comedy, I'm convinced none of these are mine though. Glass is half empty? Glass broken in ****ing half and cut my hand. That's the kinda guy I am.

Comment

Originally posted by peasblossom View Post
                              I think hope is a good thing, so when I see writers saying at the Nicholl Facebook page "That might be mine!", I think its kind of cool.

In that vein, E1 might (notice the operative word there, "might") be mine.

And, it sounds like we will never know for sure.

I kind of take the approach of, "boy wouldn't it be nice if that were mine!" And there are two in particular that I would love to magically make my own as well if I had that power.

Of course the odds are overwhelmingly against these comments being ours, but we can always suspend reality, and pray, pray, pray. Which is in a way a very apt discription of what we try to do as writers.

Last edited by ; 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

That line sounds like it refers to my teen science fiction comedy adventure script. Unfortunately, it's not the one I submitted this year...
                                TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Working...
                                X