Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PitchFest

anyone heading to the great american pitchfest this weekend?
    see who will be there... so far
    http://www.pitchfest.com/gapf/partic...ompanies.shtml

Re: PitchFest

Question for previous attendees: is GAPF worth it?
    "Witticism"
    -Some Guy

Comment

Good opportunity to practice pitching and maybe make some friends...but don't count on striking it rich...None of those gigs has any kind of success record.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
        Good opportunity to practice pitching and maybe make some friends...but don't count on striking it rich...None of those gigs has any kind of success record.
        It's the longview approach, definitely. You won't make a deal there, but you might make contacts that over time will become something. I did actually meet a writer at one of these things, a couple of years ago, we stayed in touch, worked together, and I ultimately sold a thriller of his about six months ago. It only took three years for the initial contact to turn into a sale, but there you go.

I'm going on Sunday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
          so that would be a "NO" from you GC

face to face (networking/contacts) time with a bunch of producers and managers is so much more enriching than the blind query route that many people take.

SBS - you gonna shave this time?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
            so that would be a "NO" from you GC

face to face (networking/contacts) time with a bunch of producers and managers is so much more enriching than the blind query route that many people take.

SBS - you gonna shave this time?
            I don't think there's too many people who would disagree that it's the pitchfest that benefits the most from pitchfest...There's always people that talk about how great pitchfests are but they're always people who don't sell scripts, don't get work and don't get any farther than if they sent out blind querys...that's not to say writers can't go and have fun and brush up on their pitch and meet people...but they shouldn't be duped into thinking these events are designed to launch Hollywood careers.

Comment

I'm surprised they got so many legitimate companies to participate. Even after we told them we weren't interested they kept calling and calling. It was really annoying and obnoxious, not to mention unprofessional.

Comment

I will be there.

Comment

I went. Had a great time. Just got home. Very sleepy...

Comment

I wandered in on Saturday afternoon to put out some postcards for my website and talk to people I know... then headed to the movies.

I would imagine the production companies get something out of it, or they wouldn't be wasting their time listening to people's pitches.

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                      I wandered in on Saturday afternoon to put out some postcards for my website and talk to people I know... then headed to the movies.

I would imagine the production companies get something out of it, or they wouldn't be wasting their time listening to people's pitches.

- Bill
                      yeah, the la film fest was happening. or did you go see night and day lol!

one of the guys in the pitch panel said they come b/c we help them do their jobs... which is finding new projects. one producer who said most query letters don't say enough about a project that gets them interested and that pitching gives them a better understanding of most ideas whether they like them or not.

Comment

Saturday I went to LAFF and saw THUNDER SOUL - great film.
                        The night before I had seen KNIGHT & DAY.

-Bill
                        Free Script Tips:
                        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                        X