AAA contest results due today

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AAA contest results due today

    Anyone heard anything yet?

    Nada on the website...
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

    Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

  • #2
    Re: AAA contest results due today

    has anyone emailed yet to ask wassup?
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

    Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: AAA contest results due today

      Just refreshed the contest site and got the following update:

      "Semifinalists to be announced within the next few days. We are currently in the process of certifying the information."
      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

      Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: AAA contest results due today

        Originally posted by LauriD View Post
        Just refreshed the contest site and got the following update:

        "Semifinalists to be announced within the next few days. We are currently in the process of certifying the information."

        "Certifying the information"??? Jeez.... What BS.

        I tried this one once. Bad experience. AAA's always late, badly run, and they've had no real success stories from their winners. My advice? Don't hold your breath, and in the future, don't waste your money.

        Oh, heck, hope springs eternal... Maybe you'll win it and it'll actually help you! Best of luck!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: AAA contest results due today

          I received an email a while back that Pasha (former admin) was no longer associated with the contest. Anticipating the changeover to result in some type of delay.

          $10k first prize this year! That's nice.

          If you haven't entered many contests before, nothing unusual about delays happening. People bash the contest admins but often it's BUSY judges taking time to get back in their results.
          "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."


          http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: AAA contest results due today

            Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
            I received an email a while back that Pasha (former admin) was no longer associated with the contest. Anticipating the changeover to result in some type of delay.

            $10k first prize this year! That's nice.

            If you haven't entered many contests before, nothing unusual about delays happening. People bash the contest admins but often it's BUSY judges taking time to get back in their results.

            Pasha's out 'due to budget cuts', to use Donovan's own words. So if the coordinator of CS's two major script competitions is out due to lack of money, will this spell trouble with the prize payouts? One must wonder...

            and the 'busy judges' associated with the CS contests have now had an extra thirty five days from the original deadline to complete their reads. If a judge was that overwhelmed, their work should have been reassigned and completed by another judge at this point.


            Most other contests report on or close to on deadline, but CS teeters on the brink of catastrophe every time. No more excuses from them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: AAA contest results due today

              Think there's any chance they'll announce the semifinalists before the finalist date of 7/15?
              Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: AAA contest results due today

                Originally posted by ProBono Writer View Post
                Think there's any chance they'll announce the semifinalists before the finalist date of 7/15?
                Well, I hope these delays mean they're giving the things a read of more than 10 pages, at least... See? The cup's always half full in this household!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: AAA contest results due today

                  Any new word on this?
                  "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."


                  http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: AAA contest results due today

                    I just emailed a few minutes ago to ask. Nothing yet. Did anyone else try contacting them and get a response?
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

                    Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: AAA contest results due today

                      Maybe Margaux replaced Pasha.
                      Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: AAA contest results due today

                        congratulations everyone who places in this contest. that said, i dont think placing at the little brother contest to the screenwriting expo will do much to help your career. i placed in the top 10 at the expo and after months of delays by pasha regarding when the industry packets were going to be sent out, apparently they finally were and i didnt receive a single request. not saying that to belittle anyone's achievement but i felt i had to share my experience with the cs mag people.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: AAA contest results due today

                          I was a quarterfinalist in this one a few years ago; it never did anything for me.

                          The CS-sponsored contests never get their results out on time. The Expo is even worse.

                          I may be wrong, and I apologize in advance if I am, but wasn't it last year's Expo had a finalist who was a pro, and the contest didn't pick it up until it was too late? That might be what the verification process is all about this time around.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: AAA contest results due today

                            Originally posted by glantern2814 View Post
                            I was a quarterfinalist in this one a few years ago; it never did anything for me.

                            The CS-sponsored contests never get their results out on time. The Expo is even worse.

                            I may be wrong, and I apologize in advance if I am, but wasn't it last year's Expo had a finalist who was a pro, and the contest didn't pick it up until it was too late? That might be what the verification process is all about this time around.

                            it was the 2008 expo, and there were also several entries in that Expo contest that advanced past the early rounds that were actually submissions from the previous year's contest.


                            Pasha & Donovan blamed it computer software glitches then as well, if I remember correctly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: AAA contest results due today

                              Thanks, Calling It, I'm getting senile in my old age.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X